chapter nineteen: begining of the trip

___

___

It was few days since Lyra, Zuko and Iroh started their trip after attack on North Pole but they knew it would last longer then they expected. Sometimes at nights when Zuko and Iroh were asleep Lyra would airbend and give some speed, but float was small and it was risky.

Zuko agreed to let her help him with bruises, they would talk and actually enjoying in that time. Zuko wasn't happy, but he felt at least safe. They were three powerful firebenders, since he had no idea who Lyra actually is.

Today was day as any other. Iroh wake up first and tried to grab some fish, causing Zuko and Lyra to wake up.

'Uncle, can you let us do fishing?' Zuko asked angry, he wanted to sleep and Iroh was bad at catching fishes. 'I'm telling you my nephew, this one is close.' he mumbled but Zuko just closed eyes and tried to get more sleep.

'I can't sleep now. Do you need help Iroh?' Lyra asked tiredly and Iroh replied her with smile. 'Yes dear, I'm not good at this.'

Lyra stood at end of float, eyeing water. When she notice fish, she pulled both her hands in water and caused wind in it. Fish flied right in her hands and she quickly give it to Iroh, who used firebending to end it.

Lyra shake Zuko, who slowly opened his eyes again and stared at girl. He was confused by her behavior, she was mistery. 'Uncle actually catched it?' he asked in sleepy voice and Lyra shake her head.

She knew that Zuko never heard her real voice, it was pain to her not to use it, but it was for best. 'Real master helped him.' Lyra smiled, and Zuko stood up, sharing meal with his crush and uncle. She didn't eat it - but to them, it look like she does. Lyra never was fan of dead fishes - being vegetarian means that she usually eat alone, while royals were sleeping. Sea had lot of plants who would be eaten, and she easily bended water away from air.

Both Zuko and Lyra felt same about this way of living. They were royals - and for them, this was embarrassing. They missed old lives, something they couldn't get back at any cost.

___

'I'm telling you, fire nation can dance.' Lyra said stubbornly, remembering all dances in which she was. Dancing was part of their culture but now, everything is about war.

'Fire nation don't dance. We never were and never would.' Zuko said to her angry, knowing that they don't teach anything about dances. Iroh silently sat next to them, listening.

'I'm telling you, fire nation was one of most dancing nations. Does the Camelephant Strut sound familiar to you?' she insisted but Zuko just shake head.

'Does The Turtleduck Strut mean something to you?' he mocked her, but she didn't wait second before responding. 'Yeah, it shows me how bad your sense of humor actually is.' she smirked, but before Zuko could answer, she continued talking.

'I'm telling you, fire nation had good dances. There must be proof for you somewhere.' Zuko thought for moment, but then he remembered. It was painting in one of chambers with money and memories, but only royals were allowed to see it. Painting showed princess Lyra and his grandad dancing in their early teenage years.

'There is.' he said quietly. Lyra stared at him and he continued talking his own story. 'My grandfather danced with princess, but it happened 100 years ago.'

'Do you know story about princess, Alison?' Iroh asked kindly and Lyra decide to play dumb. 'I don't, actually. What happened?' Zuko stared at her with his mouth open. Everyone knew about princess Lyra, she is portrayed as goodness at every portrait. People talked that she had all beauty at the world when she was alive, but statue was really beautiful too.

But to Zuko, there is no more beautiful person then girl in front him. He was bad with showing emotions, but he tried hard. Zuko knew that with Alison and Lyra in same room, he would choose Alison without second thought.

'It's complex story in our family. Some people don't believe, maybe there are few lies, but it's closest to true. Other nations made stories on lies, but my father, who was part of it himself, told me this.' Iroh started and Lyra zoomed out for second.

She knew who Iroh was, but he was  everything unlike Azulon. Iroh was in war before, but now he was better man.

'Princess was his friend or cousin?' she asked and tried not to laugh. Her legend in fire nation was ridiculous, but it was worth mocking. 'They were engaged, her family didn't want her to marry a firebender.'  Lyra chocked, causing both Iroh and Zuko to gave her weird look.

Her parents wanted her to marry Azulon, but she was problem. Being with monster when she was in love with someone else would be double torture. 'So, how did he propose her? Did they had rings or something?'

Her question both surprised and confused Iroh. He never asked questions about princess who tragically died - none did. It was rule. 'We never spoke about her. It's painful theme in our family.' he replied honestly and Lyra enjoyed. She notice that Iroh dubouted himself, and she wanted more people to realise how fake legends are.

'You must know something about her personality or life, right?' Lyra insisted, and Iroh nodded. He notice that Zuko is getting closer to girl, but didn't say a word.

'Zuko was right, there was portrait of her dancing. And she leave some scars on Palate as well.' Lyra tried hard not to smirk, she knew what he meant by scars.

When they had first and last fight, she destroyed big part of backyard. Where once was full equipped space where Azulon was supposed to marry her, she leave nothing. Place was blown up in air and with her new-learned skill of controlling fire, burned to the ground. Later she heard stories from her parents, but didn't bother enough to listen.

'What type of scars?' she asked Iroh but Zuko was the one to answer. 'She accidentally destroyed place where they were supposed to get married, but we can't talk about it outside nation.' he said monotone, like it was something they learn in school. On the other hand, it probably was.

'My mother thought how she didn't do it by accident, but there aren't enough proofs. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to ran away at some point, she was perfect while this family is messed up. Sozin would be her father-in-law.' Zuko replied annoyed, it was first time he mention his mother since they meet.

Lyra didn't want to nag them anymore, as soon as Zuko mentioned his mother he was upset.

'So, do you want to made new dance moves, your Highness?' she stood up and asked Zuko with wide smile on her face, giving him her hand.

'I don't really have a choice.' he replied shortly after standing up and taking her hand, but Lyra notice his eyes sparkling.

___

I'm sorry for not updating few days, I tried to focus more on reading books. Things my country are also mess up now and everything is on instagram, so I had no inspiration to write.