24

Lyra

"We can't risk with having two of you here for one more day. You would get killed." One of healers said to Lyra, pushing two bags in her hand.

"Its 5 in the morning, please give me some space. What are you even talking about?" her voice was weak and sleepy, but women didn't seem to care.

"Princess, we have no time. Ba Sing Se fell, fire nation took over Earth Kingdome Capital." women panicked, and Lyras eyes opened wide. Fire nation took over Capital - what happened to Zuko?

Both of them were supposed to be dead, but Zuko should have know that she's alive. Even if Azula or Ozai tried to convince him otherwise, he wouldn't go anywhere without Iroh. Right?

"Is there any news about prince Zuko? He isn't with them, right? Iroh too, they're save." Lyra almost snapped. It has nothing to do with healer herself, rather fact that whole Earth Kingdome was tricked. Zuko shouldn't believe them, he was aware that Azula was a liar.

Healer hesitate. "We didn't hear anything about prince, but Iroh... they got him. He is their prisoner now."

Laura frooze. She didn't expect Iroh to be one of Azula's victims. He was smarter than that, is it possible that he didn't have a plan?

She was furious. They all knew what happened to Iroh and yet we're so calm. None wanted to fight. They would let fire nation to get easy victory.

"That's it? We are just going to ran away and let him rot in cells? There are soldiers here, put then in front lines!" She tried to stay calm but it didn't work.  It was like she couldn't controll her own voice.

"Ba Sing Se fell, princess. We don't have any army, most of us are civilians." Healer stayed calm, but Lyra noticed how nervous she seem.

"You don't understand!" Lyra snapped, but she was cutted again.

"I do, really, but this is about whole nation. It would be better for us to let them win. We aren't ready to fight."

"No! You have no idea what you're asking me to do! I won't let you-- I won't let them!" Her voice started to shake, flashbacks showing in her head.

Hundred years. Blackmails.
Stone. Useless. Genocide.

"I wasn't able to save my people! They died-- They died because I decide to act on institict! I did exactly what you're doing right now!"

It took her seconds to realise that there were other people there too, and they started to enter in the room. Most of them were men older of 60 unknown to her.

"Princess, please, calm down.." one of them tried to interact with them, but she didn't listen. She couldn't.

"I don't want people to die! I am doing this because I care, not for my own pleasure! How can you not understand that!?"

"We do, princess. We understand, that is why we're asking you to leave with Earth Kingdome boy. It's not right time to fight."

"What did he say? What Jet said about this?" She asked, trying to find someone familiar in the room.

"He is as stubborn as you, your highness." One of them replied, "But he has history of crimes against fire nation, so--"