chapter one: colonies

___

___

Trip lasted longer then royals expected, but after three long weeks they ended up in one of fire nation colonies. They were definitely one of richer colonies at earth kingdom, but neither Lyra or Zuko cared about it. On the other hand, Iroh enjoyed in every moment.

'I hate this.' Zuko mumbled to Lyra, they were sitting at the ground, trying to ignore Iroh who was having massage at the second. 'This people are creepy, I prefer being in the middle of the sea.' Lyra replied annoyed, she notice glares she and Zuko get. It was mostly because his scar and her eyes, but it got on her nerves.

'Let's walk somewhere, uncle is getting too relaxed.' Zuko said angrily and Lyra agreed with him. They get up, Zuko putting hat on head and leading Lyra towards one of woods.

'So what are we doing?' Lyra asked teasingly, wanting to get any sort of reaction from Zuko. He was bad at expressing emotions and she enjoyed watching him. 'We are going away from these people.' he replied shortly as continued walking in woods. Zuko stopped when he made sure that none else is there and lean against tree.

Lyra stood next to Zuko, relaxing head on his shoulder. She grew taller in last few months, but Zuko was still taller then her. Both of them value silence, so pointless conversations weren't most common thing.

'I know I told you million times, but I love being quiet with you.' Zuko said softly and looked at girl next to him, noticing that she was smiling at him. 'It's beautiful, isn't it? Not needing words to understand someone?' she replied softly, admiring Zuko's face.

'I hate how life is turning out sometimes' Zuko said quietly and Lyra notice sadness in his voice. 'You are only good thing about my banishment. I'm so angry, I lost everything!' he finished sentence louder and Lyra knew exactly how he felt. She lost everything long time ago, and now she is stuck in past, same as Zuko.

'You don't have to hide your emotions.' she said sweetly and Zuko just stared at her. 'Everything is happening with reason. It is normal to be angry, even furious. But things will get better. They always do.'

Zuko didn't have habit to have this type of conversation with anyone but Iroh, and it feel relaxing but he felt weak. 'You don't understand. None does, but everyone act like they know everything about it. I had everything, I was supposed to be fire lord. In less then year, I lost everything.' he said angry, but Lyra grabbed his hands quickly and stood in front of him.

'I can't pretend that I know how you feel, but I know how to let it out.' Lyra lied to Zuko carefully, but he didn't know that. She knew how he felt - she felt the same. They were in similar situations, both of them couldn't have the ending they wanted. At moments like this, she felt bad for unhelping him, but at the end it was for his good too.