chapter thirteen: Iroh and Zuko

___

___

Iroh and Zuko ran with man from shop after Iroh played one Pai Sho game. Zuko had no idea what are they doing or where they are supposed to go, but his uncle seem confident about old man who they meet less then 10 minutes ago.

Earth Kingdome was unknown teritory for Zuko, but he knew well enough not to trust every man he meet at old shop full with criminals. As they ran, he notice small plant shop and on his dissapointed, it was exactly place where they headed towards.

When they entered inside it wasn't anything special. Lot of plants were everywhere around him and one doors were at the end of the room. Man and Iroh headed towards it, but when he wanted to enter his uncle closed doors right in front him.

'Sorry, it's for members only.' Iroh said to his nephew who seem angry, but saw that there is no reason to fight against it.

Iroh on the other side of doors meet White Lotus members from Earth Kingdom city. There weren't many of them, but only enough to find a way to escape. They talked for some time and decide to best way of running is fitting in the crowd.

Dragon of the West is going to be refugee in Ba Sing Se, along with crown prince. One of younger mans went outside to find them passports, but others stopped Iroh when he tried to go and see his nephew.

'There is something you need to know, Grand Lotus.' One of mans said quietly, pulling Iroh at the different end of the room, far away from door. He seem happy and nervous, something like he would tell good news but like they won't affect to anything in this moment.

'What is it, Lee?' he asked man in front him who just sighed. 'We told you how statue of princess Lyra dissapeared few months ago and none saw her? It was like she vanished, turned into earth or even worse.'

Man made short pause before speaking again. 'She revealed herself to one of members and told them to spread news to others. We don't know anything about her, anything except she is alive and ready to fight.'

Iroh was shocked. He didn't expect to hear anything about princess Lyra, altough he had his suspects. Powers of princess Lyra were legendary, she was known for her creativity and bending, altough many gave her nickname insane princess. He believed in fire nation legend as child, he believe in most part of it even now, but side with who she decide to fight with would be winning side. And Iroh didn't think twice about that young princess would definetly join Avatar and his friends.

'Where is she? With Avatar or she have back up plan?' Iroh asked carefully and man just shoke his head. 'We don't know. She is very secretive type of person, but we know two things, Iroh. She is most confident person we would ever meet, and she is ready to help in ending this war.'

Doors opened and revealed young man who went outside before. 'Pasports are ready. You are going to Earth Kingdome Capital, Ba Sing Se.'

___

Zuko hated idea of living as refugee as much as Lyra hated pretending. He was crown prince, he wasn't supposed to be at same place as people around him. It was humiliation showing up at place where refugees all over the world are coming just to join them.

After waiting in line and showing their passports, Iroh and Zuko joined others at ship and headed towards Ba Sing Se. He had argument with Iroh, which didn't help in cheering him up.

'Look around! We aren't tourists, we are refugees.' Zuko said angrily and tried to eat his soup, but spitted it in water after it touched his mouth. 'I'm sick of eating rotten food. Sleeping in the dirt. I miss her. I'm tired of living like this!'

He didn't expect anyone to answer so voice behind him surprised him. It belonged to guy around his age. 'Aren't we all? My name is Jet, and these are my freedom fighters, Smellerbee and Long Shot.' he said casually, pointing at two kids behind him.

Zuko didn't really like guy in front him. He was definetly from Earth Kingdome, but his attitude was horribly similar to Alison's when they fought. He had no problem with her because he knew her, and, well, liked her a lot. But seeing someone talking to him that way drive him crazy.

Besides their dislike on first sight, Zuko decide to go and still food with guy and his friends. We was sick of bad food and they seem capable. They seal enough for few days but Jet decide to feed whole ship instead. Zuko was observing things around him until Jet come and sat with them.

'From what I heard, people eat like this every night in Ba Sing Se. I can't wait to set my eyes on that giant wall.' Jet said power-hungrily, his eyes shining on the moonlight. It was obvious that he had obsession with something about war.

'I am not really interested in talking.' Zuko mumbled and stood up, walking to edge and looking at the sea. Jet followed him shortly after, staring at him like he wants to know something.

'You said you missed someone before. Who is it?' Jet asked carefully with calm voice. It was obvious that he just want to get straight to the point, without making fake small talks. Zuko have no reason to tell him, but again he needed to release feelings.

'Friend. We separated and...' he said shortly and Jet eyed him once again. Zuko didn't know how to finish. He didn't know what happened and definetly didn't want to admit to stranger how he is terrible with showing emotions and left only girl he really liked for fake hope about his father. 'Did he fell in fight? I'm sorry.' Jet replied but Zuko shake his head.

'She isn't dead, at least I hope. There is no person in the world who she can't beat up.' Zuko said with angry tone but Jet wasn't taken back. He seem calm and peaceful at the moment.

'So she beat you up too?' Jet asked half jokingly but his expression said that he wanted to know about her so he could regrut her in his squad. 'Few times, but as I told you, she is extremely powerful.'

'You must really like her then.' Jet said smugly and Zuko couldn't help but blush for second, which Jet noticed. 'I don't know where you get that idea.' Zuko tried to sound seriously but he didn't even convince himself.

'As you say. If you want to talk I would be with my freedom fighters.' Jet said and turned around, leaving Zuko alone.

He hoped that Alison was in Ba Sing Se, but chances of that were low. She was firebender. If someone notice, they would kill her without second thought. But deep down Zuko had weird feeling about city, he knew that something crucial would happen there

___

Sorry for slow updates. In next chapter (or next few? I don't have drafts right now) Lyra would finally see her prince and shortly after that whole Gaang.

I'm planing to write plot as original as I can (and not to change important things.) so I guess things would be unpredictable? Or not, I don't really know. It would just be a little bit different then most fanfictions I read few weeks ago.