𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Hyuck yawned tiredly as he dragged his stiff body towards the pre-school's entrance, eyes blinking a few consecutive times to waken himself further. The sky was blue and clear for once, black shaded birds drifting against the river's breeze overhead. He felt light, even if his back was torturing his figure, and his legs were beyond aching.

A few mothers and fathers were holding their children's hands by the door, chatting amongst themselves much to the young man's surprise. He knitted his brows together before trailing over and standing with them. "Hey guys. What's up?"

The older adults all breathed sighs of relief upon his arrival, one mother pushing her finger towards the entrance. "Hi Donghyuck. We're just surprised that the door's locked?"

"Locked?" The brunette grazed his tongue over his lip as his thoughts immediately rushed to Jisung. Usually he would've been here at the crack of dawn to open up and wait patiently for arrivals. "Maybe Jisung's sick today."

He pulled out his own keys which he hardly ever used, as the door was never really his problem. The jingling of the metal objects clinking together was the only sound to shatter the intense silence between everyone present. God I hope he's okay. He's never absent.

Once the door swung open with an eery creak, the kids all kissed their parents and guardians goodbye before sprinting in ahead of Hyuck and giggling as they stampeded up the staircase. The adults all waved fondly to the teacher before dispersing off towards the streets to make their ways towards wherever it may have been that they worked.

The secret leader wandered up after closing the wooden frame behind him, dragging himself up the steps and cringing every time his ass burned. He was almost happy for Renjun that this pain had been avoided and accepted....but it also opened his eyes to how truly horrible it would've been to be raped. Jaemin loved him, and he was gentle....Renjun had never been given that when he was younger.

A shrill scream resounded across the building, followed by another, and an entire chorus of more. Children came dashing from the play-room, shrieking and crying excessively before racing into Donghyuck's arms. He stiffened, breath starting to hitch and become increasingly rapid.

"What's going on?!" He yelled, brushing past the group nonetheless and running into the once safe space where two young adults educated and entertained innocent children. A room that was supposed to be filled with laughter and excitement...not a bloodbath with a familiar human being acting as the tap.

"H-Holy shit...." Donghyuck hissed, stomach lurching with unsettled food as the disgusting scent of metallic iron stung his nostrils. The kids kept whining and bawling, unable to comprehend what was going on. Hell, Donghyuck couldn't comprehend what was happening here.