𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Why Jisung was sitting in a cafe, perched beside a darkened window with the angry fists of rain bashing against it, and opposite a man he didn't even know....he wasn't sure. It just sort of 'happened'. The steaming latte in front of him, wrapped with his fingers as the tendrils of condensed air swirled towards his cheeks to subtly tickle them, distracted his nervous form.

The ginger boy in front of him, however, seemed completely lax and unbothered, stirring his black coffee with a little wooden swizzle stick and wearing a blank expression that could've meant anything.

"So...." the younger traced his tongue over his lower lip to disguise how much his anxiety had peaked, "I'm assuming you want more from me than a chat...." Chenle, as Jisung had learned his name, had the air about him of a stone-cold killer, regardless of whether he was one or not. Nonetheless, the taller remained suspicious and sceptical when living in an area notorious for crimes.

"Where's Donghyuck?"

Damn it, he's asking me that again, the blonde gritted his teeth. In complete honesty, Jisung hadn't a real clue where his friend was, only that he 'left to go home' as far as he was concerned. Another factor preventing him from spilling the beans was that he didn't trust this person. Would any friend in there right mind, no, any decent human give up information on a person they cared about to some random dude?

Jisung hoped not.

"He went home," the young adult decided to stick with, taking his drink in his hands to sip from it. Did he appear any more intimidating than he actually was? No. No he didn't.

"I've heard this somewhere before," Chenle raised his hand as though he was asking for silence, looking around sarcastically. "Ah yes, it was a broken record I once discarded. Do you know why I got rid of it?"

I don't like this guy....

The Chinese male's expression darkened as he tilted his head down a bit to look up at Jisung through his lashes, "Because it was useless, Blondie. It played the same thing over and over like an annoying part of a tedious story. So, if you've caught my drift, I'd like you to answer again. Do you actually know where Lee Donghyuck is?"

Jisung stifled a groan, having many metaphors regarding how the assassin was as much like a broken record as he was with this same bloody question to throw at him....but he refrained. He was wiser than that. "Honestly, I think he went home. But I have no idea where that is, so I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time, Mister."

"I see," Chenle muttered defeatedly while sitting back and downing the whole cup of boiling hot coffee without a flinch. There was no way it didn't burn him, leaving the younger severely uncomfortable and fearing for his life. "Then I have another question. Do you spend time with him after work hours? Or at the weekends?"