𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"I'm as right as rain. Look, I can do jumping jacks," Jaemin stated enthusiastically while demonstrating just that. The stitches along his side were holding together fine, though the doctor and Donghyuck both gritted their teeth at his hyperactive behaviour.

"Maybe you should calm down a bit," Hyuck suggested. "Rest up."

"Ew, no. I'm trying to convince you that I can leave," the blonde begged. "C'mon, Doc. Tell him I'm going to be fine, and that I don't need to stay the night."

The oldest adult looked from one boy to the other, recognising the leader of Jupiter from anywhere and feeling highly uncomfortable in his presence, thus sharing with them his undivided attention and attentive help. "H-He's all good to go. But please refrain from doing," he motioned to the stretches the youngest was performing, "those..."

The stitches were threatening to pop if he continued his reckless actions, so Donghyuck stood up quickly and grabbed Jaemin by the arm, shoved his shirt to him and smiled towards the doctor. "Thanks, Mister. I'll take it from here."

"Of course..."

The older of the pair started pushing Jaemin out of the office and down towards the exit. His brow was creased anxiously and his lips curved downward. "You're such an idiot."

"I've had worse," the taller sighed. "It's just a bullet wound, Hyuck. Not a deep laceration to my appendix or anything."

"I couldn't give a shit if it was a stupid bee sting, Jaemin! I don't want you throwing yourself in danger like that ever again! Do you fucking understand me?!" The loud and angry tone made the blonde shrink away, along with a few curious eyes turning to view them. Donghyuck grumbled under his breath when he realised how harsh he had sounded.

They pushed out of the building filled with misery and stepped into the car park, passing through towards the street to head home. Both absentmindedly stared at the ground as their feet moved in a synchronised pattern. The sky was now a deep navy, tinged only with grey where the clouds had chosen to stay.

"Are we going our separate ways, or.....?" The older then broke the not uncomfortable silence, but definitely tense one. Jaemin shrugged lightly against the breeze passing through. His sights raised to look ahead at the promenade coming towards them.

"Depends. Do you want to call it a night? It's pretty late."

"It is..."

"But?"

"But I'm not in the mood to be alone," he grinned mischievously before running off ahead towards the pier. The taller watched his retreating figure fondly while masking his happiness with a stoic expression. The brunette stopped at the railing overlooking the river, peering downwards towards the sparkling waters below before turning to watch Jaemin catch up. "Hurry up!"