𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The buzzing party of aristocrats only livened with every passing hour, creating more noise and laughter filled conversations each minute. This particular gathering happened to have a mixture of the good and the bad -which meant Mark Lee had been invited with the honour of bringing a plus-one.

The night was no longer young, but rather close to the early hours of the morning. Various government officials, random low-standing mafia leaders, company executives and merchants were present all for the sake of 'talking'.

Now, Mark wasn't a lover of parties. He avoided them when he could, attended when they benefitted him, and with those occurrences in mind, people were always desperate to have him come along. His face was a giant mystery to those who weren't pure evil, so the 'good' guests merely saw him as handsome young somebody.

The only reason Mark Lee agreed to attend this particular soirée, was because there was a drug deal about. He needed to terminate whoever was competing with him, which would've been easy.

And as a matter of fact, it was. He ended that whole problem with so much ease it was really quite embarrassing for the opponents. Everyone knew better than to fuck with him, and he proved it every time.

Now, standing outside upon the balcony under the stars, Mark slowly danced with Renjun, his plus-one. There was a slight bite in the cold air, as autumn was in full swing, but nothing uncomfortable.

Nothing two cold killers couldn't shrug off.

"You did good," Renjun hummed as he leaned his cheek against Mark's chest and kept his arms firmly laced around the older's neck. The other's arms remained on his hips, which brought such comfort.

"It was simple," the ravenette admitted, "Nobody who attended that deal was prepared, and it cost them their lives."

"Mhm, but you're amazing."

Mark rested his chin against the top of Renjun's head, enjoying his soft scent that totally disregarded his sour personality. The young Chinese male was one of the best of the worst. He had no conscience telling him 'no'.

As their feet slowly shuffled from place to place, the peaceful music flowing in through the slightly opened French-window-doors almost made the whole night feel normal again.

Almost.

Renjun looked up at his leader, and his lover. The innocent face Mark had was almost sinful when placed amidst the horror they created. The older gently leaned in and pressed his lips against the shorter's, his hands gliding up and down his sides lovingly as they blocked out the rest of the world for a brief moment.