𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Donghyuck's eyes flitted open upon the sound of something loud falling to the ground outside his bedroom door. At first, his hopes were up and he somewhat imagined himself to still be with Jaemin in the mysterious boy's room, engulfed in that same hot atmosphere as before....

But it wasn't to be true.

He blearily blinked a few times to rid his eyes of the remaining sleep, and proceeded to glance to his side where Renjun was curled up in foetal position, breathing lightly. His long brown hair was only lengthening from neglect, and damn did it make him look even more ethereal.

It was a pity he was so brash, really. One could've mistaken him for a delicate angle had he not shoved scissors down their throats.

So I came home last night...Hyuck thought with unintentional disappointment. It wasn't his initial desire to long for Jaemin's company so much, yet he did. He really, really wanted to see him again. Time after time, promise after promise, he would crave for the outlaw's company like a dangerous drug. At this point it was all becoming too clear what was happening.

Poor Lee Donghyuck - Haechan -was falling in love.

To his side was his beautiful, caring, precious boyfriend that wished for nothing but the best for him...and beyond the hideout resided a man who could potentially have no feelings for anyone at all. The choice he was basically presented should've had an easy answer....yet that very conclusion wasn't hitting Donghyuck like it should've.

His heart was starting to say 'be reckless. You've always strayed far from your tether, and Jaemin is just like you' whereas his brain was reminding him 'think of all that Renjun has done for you. He's treated you like the lover you are'. How horrible this predicament had become.

The Chinese boy beside him shuffled in search of a more comfortable position, arching his back before nuzzling closer to his only source of heat: Donghyuck. "Mhm...."

The younger sighed dejectedly, rolling over to face him properly and guiltily carding his fingers through the other's hair. Renjun still didn't awaken from the touch, more so leaning into the feeling of his boyfriend's hand cupping his cheek.

"I wish kisses could actually break spells, Junnie....I really do," the brunette hummed softly while grazing his thumb over the other's cheekbone. "You and I have always agreed that kisses mean nothing...but I'm starting to question our logic. All we ever do is exactly that."

In the long run, both mafia members had a mutual understanding that a kiss was just a kiss, no more no less. This thought existed even before their relationship, so it was agreed upon like a challenge. A challenge of whether one of them would really test those waters.