𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Lucas and Taeil wandered down the halls tiredly, imprinting their fingerprints into various panels along the wall so not to be shot down under suspicions of intruding. Mark had a cautious streak that no one could get rid of, so this was how they'd have to move around.

"He really did a number on his throwing knife this time," Taeil explained as they turned a corner and walked straight towards their leader's room. "I had to completely remodel the blade because it was chipped and cracked. That was my strongest work!"

Lucas couldn't help but laugh softly, patting his back in a comforting manner. "Mark was fighting three guys for the guts of forty minutes, alone. A chipped knife seems reasonable."

The oldest couldn't agree, muttering about the 'realistics' while playing with the three repaired weapons in his hands. They were expertly crafted, and Taeil could be too hard on himself sometimes.

"Here we go," Lucas knocked on the door somewhat nervously, hoping like hell Renjun wasn't in there as well to make the situation awkward.

There was no response the first time, so the pair tried again, waiting patiently. When it was apparent that there may have been nobody inside, the older of the two arched his brow as if to say 'I'll just leave it in there, will I?'

They pushed the unlocked frame open, now extremely concerned that their overthoughtful gang leader had been so negligent. "Where is he-"

Taeil's words died out as his eyes landed on a somewhat heartwarming sight. There were three boys curled up on the double bed, sound asleep.

"No way," the Chinese male whispered with a cheeky smile that reached his soft eyes.

Jaemin was in the middle with both of his arms wrapped around Mark on his left, and Renjun on his right. The older two were curled up against his chest, their faces peaceful and innocent whilst hidden in the youngest's neck.

It was so.....rare.

"Okay, what deity died and who took over? This is a god's work," Taeil snickered, finding himself mesmerised by the picture. From an outsider's perspective, they would never have guessed that two of these men didn't get along, that two of them were dating, and that all three were vicious killers.

They looked like kids in this state.

"Hang on, I need to save this," Lucas gushed quietly as he crept over to Mark's bedside locker, carefully extracting the infamous camera he kept for providing evidence and blackmail material. It was a Polaroid as well, so no one would have to know he used it.

"Be careful," Taeil muttered, nervous in this room for many reasons. He wasn't a terrible combat artist, but he wasn't nearly as strong as some of Jupiter's specialists.

Snap.

The sound of the image being taken and sliding out the top felt so loud amidst the deafening silence of the space. The tall man plucked the photo from the device, shaking it a couple of times and giggling at the outcome.

It was perfect.

"Alright, we got it. Now let's get out of here before they wake up and slit our throats before hanging us upside down," the oldest pleaded. He left the throwing knives on the chest of drawers to the side, taking one last look at the trio before smiling faintly and exiting.

"Ew! What the fuck is this?! Why is my skin touching that dickhead's?!" Renjun hissed disgustedly as he brandished the photograph violently in front of Lucas three months later. The older had absentmindedly left it on show in the armoury while chatting to Taeil.

Conveniently, Jaemin, Renjun and Mark had all dropped by to request more repairs for their weapons.

"Dude, when did you take that?" Mark pressed as well, not at all irritated, more so happy to find such a beautiful picture where his favourite people weren't arguing.

"Ugh, I snuck out that morning to avoid this!" Jaemin snarled while trying to take the picture from his hissy frenemy. Renjun shouldered him away, manoeuvring his fingers into a position to rip it.

Though before he could, the oldest of the three dove his hand in, yanked it from his boyfriend's grasp, and slid it safely into the inner pocket of his jacket. He pulled the over-layer more tightly around himself, wearing a dead-serious expression.

"No. I'm keeping it."

Taeil and Lucas shared this partially confused glance before backing away and giving them a little space.

The blonde groaned frustratedly. "Ugh, why? Just burn the damn thing."

"I agree," their shortest member added. "Cast it into the kiln, please."

Mark rolled his eyes and pulled one of his five throwing knives out of his pocket to pass to a quiet Taeil. "It's staying with me, and don't fight me on it. We know who'll win."

With defeat and irritation, the young pair stood down from the argument and childishly stormed out to sulk. That photo was a weakness now, one that people would surely laugh at them for, and ridicule them with.

"They're still young," Taeil murmured as he looked over the damaged weapons and sighed. "It's a shame, really."

The leader nodded softly as he leaned back against a workshop table, gently retrieving the picture from within his jacket and chuckling fondly now that he could admire it in peace.

Oddly enough, that photo had never been seen again since. Even when Renjun and Jaemin had long since forgotten about it, somewhere deep down both probably believed it died with their old friend.

Another forsaken memory cast out with the rest...

─────── • ❥ • ───────