𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Donghyuck pursed his lips as he stared at the locked wooden door in front of him. At this stage, Jungwoo was standing alongside him with his arms folded and brows knitted. In the leader's absence, Renjun had gone to shit again.

"I swear," he sighed, scratching the back of his neck, "He's always mad at me."

He's not mad at you, Jungwoo thought inwardly, he's just flat-out mad. Of course he wanted to tell him that these 'episodes' were only since the death of his ex, but Taeil respected Renjun like a higher soldier, and belittling him by spreading stories wasn't right, or fair. Why not Donghyuck? Nobody knew. If anyone should've been told, it was Haechan.

"I suppose you should go in and see him...." the older mumbled, flinching when more pained sobs wracked from the Chinese boy within. It was devastating, really. There wasn't a single thing anyone could've done, at least not without medical attention. Jupiter didn't have the reputation to be visiting psychiatrists.

"Didn't Ten mention sleep pills?" Donghyuck enquired. "Do you think they'd work?"

"That's not a permanent solution for night terrors, Hyuck. Inducing rest is pointless. He needs you."

The younger nodded slowly and uncertainly, edging towards the wooden frame and gently clicking the lock open before pushing on inside. There upon the floor sat Renjun, old scissors resting in his hands and tears creating a damp patch on the ground. He was broken.

"Hey Jun...." the brunette spoke quietly so not to startle him. It didn't seem to affect him too much though as the former closed the door behind himself, giving Jungwoo a 'pray for me' look before being left alone in the space with his boyfriend. "What's wrong? Are you stressed again?"

Renjun's eyes suddenly flicked up to the taller and a fierce, wild expression instantly replaced the dejected, shattered one. He lunged forward, getting up off the ground, throwing Hyuck onto the bed and crawling over him to hold him down. His scissors were shoved into the pillow right beside the younger's head, a threat no doubt.

"Where the hell were you?! I've been waiting a hundred years like a damn princess for you to come home!"

The brunette flinched, trying to bring his hands up for surrender, though ultimately having them pinned over his head as his lover seethed. "I was at work-"

"Bullshit! How can you 'always be at work'," he mimicked the tone of his voice, "From early morning until late at night, huh? Kids have a fucking ridiculous curfew like seven o'clock or something!"

"I needed to help Ji."

"Damn it!" The older's eyes glistened again as he looked up to blink back the sadness. "Why....Why am I always your last choice....?"

Last choice? Where is he getting that from? "Ren, that's not true and you know it. You know that I'd jump into a pit of snakes for you."

"Would you? Or would it be a more worthwhile death if you did it for Jisung? Or whoever the hell you're hanging out with in secret lately?"

Donghyuck gritted his teeth, "There's no secret person. I'm just a free spirit."

"Whatever. I'm not letting you go regardless of whether you want me to or not. I've already lost two boys important to me, and I'm not about to add a third."

"Two?"

Renjun's lips parted for a sudden, inaudible gasp when he himself realised what he had said. His breath hitched painfully when crystal-like flecks of tears started to trail individually from the inner corner of his eyes down the bridge of his nose. "I...."

"Who's the other boy? Someone who died that night as well?"

"No," he sighed, coming down to lay on Donghyuck's chest and calm himself while listening to his heartbeat, "Someone I called a best friend once. God, we hated each other so much, like kids. But I was all alone for so long....and he was the first person who treated me like a human, not a delicate shell. Even Mark tread lightly around me, as if I'd break with one wrong move. I'm not porcelain for fuck's sake."

"What was his name?"

"Nana..."

Nana? The psycho I want to murder? Did I hear him right? "I thought-"

"I want him dead as much as the next Jupiter member....but I'd love to wipe that condescending smirk off his face first, all by myself. A quick death just wouldn't be fair to Mark, and I want him screaming."

"We don't even know where he is," Hyuck muttered softly as he brought his fingers up to card through the soft black hair that was getting longer and longer. It was so soft, unlike the male it belonged to. "I want to stab him, but I'd rather he never came back, to be honest."

Jaemin is clever. He'll definitely come back sometime, Renjun thought to himself with a bitter sneer. He nuzzled his cheek against the other's chest more, knowing that if the little outlaw ever found out that he had come to love again, Donghyuck would be shot down.

Jaemin didn't want the older's happiness, and he'd do almost anything to 'tease' him, which was dangerous in the criminal world.

"I'm sorry that I'm not always here for you," the brunette whispered sleepily as he curled around Renjun and cuddled him like a koala, "I'm not very good at being a boyfriend."

"It's more like it's my fault for pushing you around. I can't rest easy when you aren't with me, or somewhere I can protect you."

"Nag."

"Baby."

"Bossy boots."

"Oh god, we aren't starting this again, are we?" The Chinese boy chuckled fondly before sitting up and looking down at the half-asleep figure beneath him. "You know I love you, right?"

"Mhm," Hyuck hummed with a short smile, head completely resting back as sleep took him away. Renjun caressed his cheeks delicately before leaning in and connecting their lips, feeling possessive over the leader. His heart didn't really work anymore, but it did beat for the younger, and he'd protect that.

"Mine," he whispered against his lips, laying back down again upon his warm body and cuddling fondly. He wouldn't fail to protect him this time.

He wouldn't let history repeat itself.

─────── • ❥ • ───────