𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Donghyuck heaved a deep sigh as he pushed his way through the outskirts of the city tiredly. His long coat battled the winds racing towards him while his hair was whipped back off his forehead. Most people that were out at this hour were most likely single and looking for places to chew up time, frustrated and needing a long walk, or the increasingly common 'nocturnal human' that feels they don't need to sleep at night, but during the day.

It was quite dark out, and the moon wasn't visible out here since too many apartment blocks obscured its beauty. Even stars were a rarity, which Donghyuck missed from living in the countryside.

The argument he had fought just to come out here flashed through his mind, dropping even more weight onto his shoulders.

Twenty minutes ago...
"God, Hyuck! Why are you always doing this? Always running off to 'be alone for a while'?" Renjun hissed, blocking their bedroom door so that his lover couldn't escape. "You have to realise that as a leader, your duty is to stay here and set an example. If you're running off doing god knows what, then the other members will assume they can do the same!"

"I think I deserve air after being locked up down here, underground, for hours!" The brunette groaned, "I know you're worried about me, but I'm not a kid!"

"Hyuck, I know you're not a kid. We wouldn't have voted you in as our leader if you were. But it's dangerous out there!"

Donghyuck gritted his teeth in attempt to calm himself down. He knew why Renjun was like this. Everyone did. But when he joined Jupiter, he thought he'd have more freedom, and he thought he'd just be a member. "Please, Junnie. I'm suffocating...."

The older wore an unshakeably stressed and stubborn expression, balling his hands by his sides, letting them relax, and balling them again in a timed pattern. "I.....I just don't trust anyone anymore. What if I let you go out, and you're shot dead before you even make it home? Wh-What if I'm looking at you now, and it's the l-last time I ever see you?"

"Aaaw, Renjun. Baby, come on, I won't let that happen-" the younger tried, though Renjun looked away and took steady breaths to compose himself.

"Yeah, well Mark thought the same thing. One minute he was here with me, giving me a goodbye kiss and an hour later Lucas ran in to tell me he was dead. I don't want to take any risks....."

Donghyuck empathised with him. He really did. But assuming the role of a prisoner of his own mafia was absolutely ridiculous, and Mark had died three years ago. There had been plenty of time to heal, yet Renjun was still broken.

"You know," he began, gently walking over to pull the shorter against his body by his waist, "Killing and dying is a sad part of what we do. We're all criminals here, and that's what makes us money. I know you hate to hear it, but if I got shot I'd deserve it-"