𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔵

Okie, we have chapters 47 & 48, then the epilogue and we're done~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Donghyuck felt hopeless.

Deep within his very core, he felt absolutely empty of any positivity or willpower. It felt as though the world around him was still spinning, still going on....when really it needed to stop and be miserable with him.

Renjun was dead, and Jaemin was still MIA. The young leader knew deep down that sulking and crying over other human beings was weak, and that the other members were all muttering behind his back about how crazy he was getting. Rumour had it he was the next Renjun; doomed to crack like a vase and spill once glorious flowers across the floor. Hell, even he couldn't deny such a thought.

"Hyuck, you should really get some sleep and walk this off after. Yes, a death is intense," Jungwoo spoke softly with Chenle by his side at the bedroom doorframe. Haechan was perched on his bed, staring listlessly at what was once Renjun's side. "Emotions are weakness. If you carry on like this, someone will kill you and it won't be difficult."

"Let them...."

"Donghyuck," the Chinese boy hissed. "Listen to yourself. These feelings are so useless! Letting yourself wither away in here like some abused flower won't cut it. Members rise up, you know. Eventually one of them will challenge your authority....but will you be ready?"

"Damn, I don't know!" The brunette growled, flopping back onto his pillow and slamming his fist down against the mattress. "Fuck! If one of you killed me now, I wouldn't sob over it. My motivation to go on is faltering, here!"

"You chose Jupiter," Jungwoo insisted. "Don't turn your back on the life you stepped into willingly. Stop this silliness."

"Fuck off! Both of you!" Hyuck sat up and tossed an ill-aimed pillow at the door where they were standing casually. "If I want to wallow in self pity, then I will! Give me time...."

Time sounded common and gift-able, but really not a soul had enough of it. How could these boys allow their 'fearless' leader time when he'd waste it on ridiculous tears?

"We'll be back," Chenle sighed, tugging Jungwoo to follow him and letting the door click shut after them. Donghyuck angrily lay down again and squished his cheek into Renjun's pillow, unable to even smell him anymore. The cold, empty sheets were so horribly large for just one person now....

And the poor boy was starting to wonder if everyone he loved had run off to one place and simply never told him where to join.

Jaemin yawned sleepily while tugging his hood over his head further and sinking into his seat at the little corner café he'd found. After retrieving Bandit and leaving no evidence of his existence in that little apartment he'd actually grown fond of....he'd wound up here. Alone.

Actually, the more he thought of killing his love and completing the mission he'd set himself from the very beginning, the less attracted to the idea he became. There was truly nothing stopping him from just hopping on a train and running away like he had done before....but that would never have sat well with him. Not if he failed to do this.

The waitress in a little black apron with her hair in a tight ponytail came over cheerily and laid his espresso down in front of him on its saucer. She leaned down and quickly recited; "Can I get you anything else?"

Jaemin was about to respond with a firm 'no', though was interjected by another voice belonging to a man who swiftly took a seat opposite him. "An Americano, please."

"Oh, of course! I'll be back shortly."

The blonde sneered at the new arrival grumpily, subtly kicking his ankle. "Lee Jeno, you never learn."

"Oh, I do. I'm not here to captivate you this time, surprisingly."

"Oh? Then you're simply present to irritate me. I am having the week from hell, I've lost my boyfriend, I've lost my fucking finger," he held up his hand and showed of the lack a of pinky, "And I feel like I'm dying. What could you possibly present to me that could lift my broken spirit?"

Jeno sighed, glancing up at the girl who smiled warmly whilst sliding his coffee down onto the table, and wandered off again to keep up a happy mood. The ravenette then leaned over to rest on his folded arms, tilting his head. "Look, I'm not going to preach. You and I both know we're rotten to the core and are in no need of saving. So, to do all that time we spent together as friends some justice, I'll be straight with you."

"Straight? Who's the lucky girl?"

"I'm being serious, Jaem. I was sent here by someone you'd know. Apparently people have been keeping tabs on you, so that they don't lose you again."

The younger groaned, rubbing his face within the shadows of his hood and feeling rather defeated. "Damn, I'm being spied on? Is it Hyuck?"

"No, not him. A guy called Taeil?"

"Fuck's sake. That bastard has wanted me dead for years. What now?"

"Come with me," the mysterious male hummed, taking a sip from his drink and maintaining eye contact. "I can always make life difficult and drag you by force, but he wants to meet with you."

"And I'm supposed to walk to my death?"

"Essentially. But I'm also not thick enough to assume you're unarmed."

Jaemin smiled smugly, leaning over as well so that their faces were quite close. The little tendrils of steam reaching up to tickle their necks from their hot drinks were in a way soothing. Warm. "Are you.....double agenting? Playing for both sides and taking that of the victor's in the end? Because that, my friend, is so unlike you."

"I'm doing no such thing," the older winked. "I'm simply evening out the playing ground for you, so that the bumps and cheat-holes will be obvious. I'm not implying that you retaliate....though I'm not discouraging it either. I'd like you dead as well, remember."

"Ugh, you confusing asshole," the blonde sat back and picked up his mug. "But sure. Before offing Haechan, I suppose I could remove another irritating obstacle that's been a pain in my ass for a while."

"And there we have it," Jeno winked, "An agreement."

"Can we finish our coffees first though? I'm running on two hours of sleep and caffeine."

"Psh, of course."

─────── • ❥ • ───────