𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Sorry this is late 😭 the book's almost done, so I'll get the rest of it finished as soon as possible.

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The bracelet stopped beeping, which was a cause for both great excitement, and concern. The sheer look of the gross, dilapidated structure in the middle of some abandoned industrial park sent chills down Donghyuck's spine. Everything was so wasted and destroyed, and the faint, faded painting of a lightening bolt near the entrance made it clear that this was old Jupiter territory. So he wasn't in danger, at least...

"So why would Jaemin be here?" Is what the male couldn't help but wonder as he carefully started to shuffle on inside. It smelt of mould immediately, and the cement floors were chipped and full of holes. Each and every part of this place was screaming for attention and renovation...renovation that would never come. Mark had forsaken it when he died, obviously.

The further inside he went, the more obnoxious the smell got, and the more a certain new scent arose. It was blood, quite definitely. When living like this for as long as Hyuck had, it became difficult not to identify such things. Speckles of crimson droplets were scattered over the ground here and there, almost guiding him to one door in particular. It looked as though these flecks had fallen from a knife, or perhaps any blade....but not the wound itself.

The young mafia leader took his time before pushing the frame open. He cracked out his knuckles, shifted his shoulders back and fixed the dull ache in his neck from lazy posture. He hoped like hell his love was in here, or else he didn't know what he'd do. As expected, the epitome of all horror resided within as he took a mere step forward.

The darkness was cold - if it could even be such a thing, and the deafening silence was only broken with the harsh, laborious breathing of a sad, degenerating figure slumped in a chair. Donghyuck narrowed his eyes to adjust to the poor lighting and really didn't like the vibes he was receiving, nor what he was seeing. The boy in that seat was on profile to him, but the identity was unmistakable with that tatty blonde hair strewn about, that bracelet clasped around his bound wrist latched to the arm of the chair. It was Jaemin.

"J-Jaem?" He whispered hoarsely, shards of glass crunching beneath his feet from some unknown, broken piece. His movements weren't subtle at all as he dashed towards the apprehended boy, tugging at his shoulders before crouching down in front of him and trying to shake him awake. "Hey! Jaemin, c'mon! Let's get you out of here."

No response.

Simply nothing.

Donghyuck groaned, hearing his breathing and being assured that even with a horrible rattle in his chest where his lungs were most likely fucked, he was alive. "Stay awake for me, Baby. We're gonna' get out of here, we'll g-get you some help, and you'll be okay-"