𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

⚠️ warning⚠️
-graphic depictions of violence/gore.

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Left! Renjun! Left, left, left!" Donghyuck hissed as he dragged a hooded man closer to him by the face, ripped his dagger across the back of his neck, and let the limp corpse drop to the ground.

Beside him, veering to the left to defend his leader from a particularly stocky character, was Renjun. The young male shoved his golden scissors that Chenle had made him deep in between the eyes of the opponent, opening them while inside and grimacing as the brain flooded out through the crack in the skull, and dropped with the body. Flecks of crimson, warm liquid splattered across his face to join the rest of the questionable stains.

"Fuck, you don't have to yell," the older sighed, bracing himself for yet another lower-mafia member throwing himself at him. It took no effort at all to push his scissors out and let them slide into the open mouth and rip right back through to the other side. Easy.

"I yell because I can't be sure you're there," Hyuck muttered, dodging a harsh punch from an unknown man, grabbing his arm and sliding the silver dagger into his wrist just to slice right up along the limb to the neck. When the person dressed in black screamed violently, the younger rolled his eyes and pulled his beloved knife out, letting it disappear into the ear cavity and slip back out with a string of brain attached.

Gross, he thought, shaking it off and eyeing up the rest of the battle field they'd created. It was merely an empty field a little out of town, full of long grass and mutilated bodies. The stars were out tonight, twinkling above their heads as a constant reminder of tranquility amidst the turmoil. They never showed their faces in the city, hiding away for only those worthy to see.

"Daydreamer," Renjun scoffed, picking what was possibly a ligament off his kitchen utensils, though he couldn't be sure. "We may be over the worst of the fight, but going off and envisioning what's for dinner is dangerous."

"Nag Queen."

"Stupid brat."

"Old lady."

"Cheap shot."

Donghyuck chuckled softly, looking properly at his boyfriend under the moon and smiling faintly. The shorter was still absorbed in his scissors and barely took notice of the fond expression he was receiving. When the last corpse hit the field floor, everyone on Jupiter's team elicited sighs of relief and started high-fiving each other.

"Is that it?" Jaehyun murmured, bending over to rest his hands on his knees. "I'm spent. Count me out if there's another wave."

"Yuta's grenades were always helpful in these situations...." Taeyong spoke to everyone through the ear pieces, "It's a pity we lost him."

"It's always good to remember who we've lost, and to support and help who we still have even now," Haechan announced loudly, "People like Yuta and Mark were amazing and talented, but that doesn't mean we can't follow their enormous efforts with our own specialties. Chenle, Doyoung and Taeil haven't been out on the field in ages. We should rotate more."

"Chenle would kill one of us in a fit of rage. He's not fit for small battles," Renjun reminded their leader softly. "He's still too new. Too young."

The brunette tilted his head as he viewed the other, sweeping a strand of his long hair away from his temple. "You okay? You seem a bit....upset."

Renjun nodded shortly, "Tired. I'm getting fat sitting at the base for days on end as well, so fix that please."

"God, you're not fat-"

"I will be. Let me go out more."

Donghyuck groaned, earning all sorts of suggestive looks from the other boys who loved teasing him to no end.

"Mark let me go out," Jungwoo pouted, imitating a lovers' quarrel they had heard a hundred times.

Jaehyun snickered, joining in with; "Why won't you tell me where you're going?"

Renjun visibly gritted his teeth, slinging a knife at the pair and purposely missing, but only by a hair's breadth. "How about I remind us all of a time when I nearly castrated Jungwoo and cut a permanent wound into Jaehyun's ear? Anyone else want to remember?"

The crackling of the earpieces returned as both Doyoung and Taeyong pleaded that the bloodshed ended there for the night. Everyone agreed, much to the long haired Chinese's pleasure.

As the small collective of members started their journey back towards the line of high-rise building a couple of kilometres away, the leader remained a few steps behind. His eyes stayed trained on the group, oh so proud of their work.

Renjun was messing with Mark's scissors again, opening and closing them, admiring every scratch and dent for each held many memories. Donghyuck couldn't help but feel as though he was still competing with a ghost.

With Mark.

Even now, with all the acceptance he's ever needed, more than enough respect and a well-known name that circulated Seoul with a fearful tone....he felt like second place.

Those jokes the others made, mimicking Mark Lee's words to the shortest boy, laughing about him like a fond recollection and remembering the man he was. Hyuck couldn't do any of that, because he had never met him. His leadership skills were wildly different as well, and some guys like Renjun would remind him of it constantly.

After all, Jupiter was created for Mark. Designed to protect him, and yet the centrepiece was missing, the board being held together by sellotape; Donghyuck.

Not only that, but his own lover had been with the ex-leader. It was like trying to win against someone who was gone and who's name could never be tarnished. He was a good man, but a bad one as well. A perfect person in anyone else's eyes. How could Lee Donghyuck argue when a statement like 'Mark let me do it' came up?

It was unfair.

In fact, the only thing Hyuck felt he was in control of fully, and the one factor in his life he could count on to be changed by only himself, was Jaemin. The blonde man was forever coming and going at his own pace, a secret the older kept and loved, for no one could take it from him.

Now that he thought about him, he couldn't wait to see the boy again.

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Just a filler, but now I have the means to start the 'falling in love' process. Thanks for reading, guys!
-lily