Ephemeral | 35.1

c h a e y o u n g

"You ready?" Eomma asked, slightly tearing up. I chuckled and gave her a nod, then gently caressed my womb.

Please don't get too excited down there, baby!

I still haven't told Jimin about it because as I've said, I wanted to surprise him with the first ultrasound I had with this little sunshine.

Just then, the door suddenly burst opened, spitting out my three friends together with the three men whom they fell for.

Looking at them makes me want to cry, but I tried to compose myself as I wouldn't want my makeup to be ruined. Though I personally asked for it to be waterproof.

Knowing myself, I'm pretty sure that I could really fill up an ocean with my tears.

"You look stunning!" Jennie said while tearing up. I chuckled.

She's a real crybaby, plus the fact that she's pregnant which adds up to her emotional state right now.

"You know you can back out anytime, Rosé." Jin oppa joked which made us all laugh.

"Don't worry, I've already thought about that." I replied to ride with him, thank God it made the mood lighter.

Then, Lisa and Jisoo were standing there with their eyes wet, looking away. I then carefully stood up and went to them.

When I was close enough, I spread my arms widely to pull them all into a hug. Of course, the guys included.

"Why are y'all so emotional? I'm the one who's getting married here!" I shrieked to lighten up their moods.

They all chuckled as the two wiped their tears as if they were my mom, trying to send me off to school.

"I'm just so happy that you finally met your man. You've always dreamed of this, you know." Jisoo said which made me blush.

She's right. Ever since all of us shared our first dorm, I would always tell them my dream wedding, together with my dream dress and the family that I want.

Back then, I never thought I'd be desperate to marry someone by making him sign a contract without his notice.

I was the typical girl who just wanted to be the best wife and mother to my husband and kids.

"Jisoo's right. You even told us one time that you wanted to hold your wedding at a stadium." All girls giggled as the men just stayed smiling.

So, I turned to them one by one. "Thank you for making Jimin the happiest when he's with you." I said which became the cause of my sudden tears.

Taehyung noticed it and hurriedly offered his white handkerchief, so I took it and wiped off the tears that were about to fall.

"Jimin is just so lucky to have you, Chae." Jungkook said while looking at me magnificently. As if I was his younger sister that he's ready to send off.

"No," I paused then looked at our engagement ring. "I'm luckier for having him."