Ephemeral | 04

c h a e y o u n g

I woke up feeling comfortable and warm the next day. I attempted to stretch my arms but I couldn't. It was as if there's something that was stopping me.

Then I froze. It can't be.

I opened my eyes and there I saw Jimin with his arms wrapped around me. Shit.

I immediately sat up, causing my head to spin around. I felt him move but gladly he did not woke up.

My heart felt like it was about to explode so I inhaled deeply and sighed.

After I relaxed myself, I then looked at the man who was sleeping peacefully beside me. A smile escaped from my lips.

He looks like a sleeping angel. Maybe that's why I'm so into this guy.

"I'm sorry for stranding you here with me." I whispered.

Carefully, I jumped out of the bed and went to the restroom to brush my teeth and take a nice warm bath. I didn't got a chance to do this last night because I was too preoccupied with many things.

After doing my morning routine, I changed into my pajamas and went back inside the room. I decided to cancel all my appointments and such since I don't feel like working today.

I sat on the couch and observed the man who was still sleeping.

A lot of girls have been dreaming to wake up right next to him. And I was one of those girls before.

Honestly speaking, I didn't know how I liked him. For some reasons, I never find someone really interesting unless he's Leonardo Di Caprio or what. But as they say, expect the unexpected.

Funny I just found out one day that I've fallen for Jimin already. Maybe because of how nice he treated me before?

Since I felt like drowning with my own thoughts, I decided to shrug it off and went outside the room. I'm definitely hungry.

As I got down, Ryujin was already eating breakfast while watching Boss Baby. She just glanced at me then went back to watching. Such a disrespectful brat towards her favorite eonnie.

I shook my head as I took a seat across her. Looking at us right now, you would probably think that she owns this place and she's just doing me a favor by letting me stay.

While scooping some fried rice, she spoke.

"How's your first night together?"

I instantly rolled my eyes and took some eggs. "Stop it, Ryujin." I tried to sound authoritative as I could but she ended up chuckling instead.

"Why? You are a newly wedded couple! Is asking about your first night wrong?" She defended.

"Yes. Specially when one was forced to get married."

We both fell silent after. Last night, I realized that it was really wrong of me to make him sign a marriage contract.

Yes, I'm happy that I became his wife now, but it saddens me at the same time knowing that he just became my husband because I tricked him.

And it sucks. Big time.

j i m i n

As soon as I heard the door closed, I immediately opened my eyes and sat down.

I knew that I was hugging her the entire time. And it felt so good, having her in my arms.

I spent a few minutes more of doing nothing but to stare at the ceiling and debating with myself whether to get up or stay in bed.

Then I looked at the clock placed on top of Chaeyoung's bedside table.

It was already past ten am and here I am, still doing nothing other than breathing despite of my hectic schedule today.

Since my conscience was already eating me up, I decided to get up already so I could brush my teeth and do my skincare routine.

While brushing my teeth, I can't help but to smile. I just couldn't believe that I'm already married. And my wife is not just any ordinary woman.

Honestly speaking, I really find our story funny. We never dated but here we are, happily married and living under one roof. Or should I say I am happily married to her.

Believe it or not, getting married was one of my biggest dream ever since. The idea of waking up next to my wife or even cooking breakfast for her was perfect. Cheesy as it may sound, but men like me do exist.

Though I never imagined that I'd get married in a very unexpected way. I imagined to propose in a very romantic place to the woman I love the most other than my mom, but fate seems to hate me.

As I got down, the smell of fried rice greeted me. I also found the two cousins silently eating while watching a movie.

"Good morning." I greeted them. Ryujin just smiled at me while Chaeyoung ignored my word.

Without taking my sight off her, I took a sit beside her and started getting some food. Maybe I'll just discuss the expenses with her later after we eat.

"How's your first night here, oppa?" Ryujin asked, a bit shy.

I swallowed first before answering. "It was great. I even overslept because I felt too comfortable." I stated without any hesitation.

"Good to hear that. I hope you find yourself wanting to stay here for the rest of your life someday." She giggled then stood up, leaving me with Chaeyoung alone.

She was about to stand up as well but I was able to grab her hand and pulled her back to her seat.

"What?" She asked. I could say that she was trying to sound annoyed, but she's failing.

"Aren't wives supposed to wait for her husband to finish his meal?"

I heard her groan as she angrily tapped the table which startled me. I widened my eyes — though my eyes were still small, then looked at her as if she's being unreasonable. I wasn't expecting that from her.

"Stop this role play now, Jimin." She seriously said. But the more that she becomes serious, the more I wanted to stay and tease her.

Maybe I was born for that role though.

"What? You started this, Park." I replied coolly and started eating again. I saw her roll her eyes as she attempted to stand again, but then again I was able to grab her hand.

Without throwing a simple glance, I spoke. "Stay."