Ephemeral | 32

dedicated to HARDCOREBTSTAN who was one of the first few who believed in me

c h a e y o u n g

"Congrats!" I enveloped Jisoo into a tight hug as soon as we arrived the venue. Jimin, on the other hand, man hugged with Jin oppa as well.

It's been two days since Jin proposed to her. Today is their engagement party but they decided to hold the wedding ceremony next year since Jimin and I are scheduled for this year.

We aren't a real family, but they still honored our wedding which makes me want to cry somehow.

"You guys don't know how thankful I am to all of you! Jin wouldn't be successful if it weren't for you all." Jisoo said, almost crying.

I chuckled and looked at Jin who was standing beside her the whole time while talking to Jimin.

"Congrats, oppa." I said which caught his attention. He smiled then hugged me. "Thank you, chae. I'm lucky to have you all as well." He replied, in a tone that was about to cry.

"Yah, that's enough." Jimin said while eyeing Jin which made me chuckle. Jelly chim chim right here.

"We'll go ahead, I'll just go check on Seon." With that, I pulled Jimin with me and started to walk away from the two. Besides, we're not the only ones they'll entertain.

After reaching a meter or two, I looked at Jimin who was still sulking off. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling. The idiot got jealous of his close friend. Wow.

"Why are you frowning?" I asked using my innocent voice to annoy the hell out of him. He just glared at me and rolled his eyes, causing me to laugh.

God, I can't believe this man!

"Jealous mochi." I whispered, enough for him to hear me. "Who told you I'm jealous?" He shot back while raising his eyebrows, still with his frowning face.

"Fine, you're not." I just replied then reached for his hands. It's been a while since we last walked like this. Feels so good.

I peeked a little to see if his mood changed, but he was still frowning. What the heck is actually his problem?

"Yah." I called, but he didn't responded.

I poked his side, but still no response.

"Hey! What's your problem?" I couldn't help but shout at him already. I can't understand him anymore.

He looked away then bit his lip. Damn, why did I get turned on?

I shook my head to shrug my thoughts away but it was no help. I felt my face heat up but I tried to hide it by furrowing my brows at him.

"Why did you wear those?" He asked, eyeing me from head to toe. But mostly the dress I was wearing.

I looked at my dress and noticed nothing wrong about it. Now why is he being so sulky?

I checked for another couple of seconds until he couldn't take it and turned me around to touch my back.

I bit my lip. I totally forgot that this dress was a backless dress!

I closed my eyes and turned around, still biting my lips. I'm really dead. "Wear this." I opened my eyes and saw him taking off his coat and giving it to me.

My jaw dropped. Why does he have to look hot while removing his coat? And why does my fiancé have to be this gorgeous?

"Do you want to wear it or I'll be the one to put it on you?" I came back to my senses and immediately took the coat from his hand. Bossy little mochi grr.

"Geez. Such a protective guy." I looked at my left only to see Chanyeol walking nearby.

My eyes lit up as I ran towards him and gave him a warm hug. I missed him! It's been two years since I last saw him though.

He chuckled and returned the hug to me. His scent which was so familiar lingered through the air.

We stayed like that for a couple of seconds until we heard someone fake a cough. Shit. I forgot about my bossy fiancé.

I slowly turned around and smiled nervously as if I was getting judged whether I'd get a death sentence. He was standing there, his arms crossed and eyes flaring.

"So when do you plan on putting that on?" He uttered while eyeing the coat and me.

Chanyeol chuckled and took the coat from my hands, then put it on my shoulders. He then patted my left shoulder then said. "Goodluck with your bossy boyfriend." He then started walking away, leaving me with menopausal Jimin.

"Yah, let's go. Seon must be looking for us." I just said, totally ignoring his scary looks.

j i m i n

"You must loosen up a bit, come on, drink up!" Chae said, obviously drunk. I shook my head then pulled her into me as I whispered. "You're drunk, let's get going already."

The actual engagement party was already finished, and we are now in the afterparty. I didn't really wanted to come since my head is aching so bad, but I still couldn't turn down my hyung.

Chae just shook her head and pulled me closer. "Come on, dad, just take another shot!" She said then gave me another shot glass. I think it was a Blue Label.

I hardly shook my head but it was no use. She insisted by pushing the shot glass in my mouth, leaving me no choice but to swallow the alcohol.

Damn, this wine's strong.

"That's enough, we're leaving." I said with full authority, but she just laughed and covered my mouth with her index finger.

"No, no, no. We're still not having some fun here, mr. Park." She drunkenly said, making me groan. Drunk Chaeyoung is just so stubborn.

I shook my head causing her to frown. "Fine, just hold my coat." She said then slowly started to take off my coat, which made me panic so I hugged her immediately.

"Fine, we'll have some fun, but not here."

She resisted the hug and looked at me with the sparkling eyes of her. Damn, I can't resist it anymore.

"Then let's go!" She shouted then pulled me away from our table. I chuckled and let her take me out.

You're dead meat, Park Chaeyoung.

For those who are confused, the previous chapter was basically them preparing for Jin's proposal while this chapter is Jinsoo's engagement party :))))

Anyway, please prepare yourselves for another R-18 chapter ahead,, but don't expect too much hehehehehehe.