Ephemeral | 05

c h a e y o u n g

"Stay." I froze.

He already held my hands for a lot of times now ever since he got here, but this one's different. I felt like I was electrified. And it was so satisfying.

He pulled me back and patted the chair where I used to sit earlier. I sighed and gave in.

"Let's talk about the rules now." He said with his eyes glued on his food. Though he wasn't eating anymore.

"Are you willing to sleep on the guest room?" I shyly asked while tracing my palm.

Damn, I wasn't like this with him before! Maybe because it all finally sinked in. That in our situation, I'm really the one who was at fault.

I shouldn't have made him sign a marriage contract in the first place. It was way too selfish of me to do that foolish thing.

"I won't." My head tilted up. "What?"

A smirk escaped from his lips, then started eating again. He's crazy.

"How much is the bill here? I'll pay half of it." He answered instead.

"What did you say earlier?"

His smile grew wider. He really loves making fun of me now, huh?

"I want to sleep next to my wife, what's wrong with it?" He answered as he wiped his mouth using a table napkin.

I felt my face heat up as the butterflies on my stomach started to go wild again. He surely knows how to make a girl's heart flutter. I'm doomed.

"There's nothing wrong with it." I replied, trying to hide my emotions. But I failed. I saw him look at me then chuckled.

"I love seeing you blush."

I closed my eyes to calm myself. My heart couldn't take it anymore.

"About the bills—" He cut me off. "How much?"

"No, it's on me. I dragged you here." I replied. It's true. If I did not do such a thing, then he wouldn't have to move in with me.

"But we're married now, Chae. Married couples share the bills."

I shook my head. "Staying in our marriage is too much already. Atleast let me pay the bills." He seemed to be surprised with my reply but managed to continue eating anyway.

"Fine. But let me treat you every week." He said with authority.

Man, why does he have to make me feel like a real wife to him? Yes, our contract is definitely real, but the way he treats me is making me go insane. It was as if he liked the idea of marrying me.

"You don't have to, Jimin."

"But I want to." That shut me up. I just took a banana and started peeling it. I was about to take a bite when he spoke again.

"By the way, please treat me like your husband now, anae." He said which sounded more like a request.

His voice was so hypnotizing that I didn't noticed myself slowly nodding at him.

I waited for him as he finished before I asked again. "Do you have any particular rules, mister?" He wiped his mouth again and took a sip of water before answering.

"Yes." I felt my eyebrows furrow. "You'll come with me all the time." He said then stood up and left.

j i m i n

I let myself smile as I stood up and turned my back at her. I have been stopping myself from smiling the whole time because wouldn't want her to think that I'm really loving our setup. But I honestly do. Really.

She had my clothes arranged in the walk in closet yesterday already so it was easier for me to choose my attire for today.

This day was busy, since today is the start of our practice for the world tour coming up next week. And I'm thinking of taking my wife with me.

After changing into my usual clothes, I went outside only to find her sitting on our bed. She was watching a movie while hugging her knees.

Her gaze landed on me as she noticed me approaching. I felt this weird sensation when she smiled at me and stood up.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked then went to me and fixed my still messy hair.

As she got closer, I felt my heartbeat go ten times faster. Damn, this isn't the first time that I'll get this close to a girl, but why is my body reacting like this?

I stayed still and even held my breath until she was finished.

"You're so handsome." She giggled.

How could she be this straightforward to me now? She was really shy to me earlier. Weird girl.

"Change into your casual clothes." I replied and turned my back at her, scared that she might hear the loud beating of my heart.

"Why?"

"You're coming with me."

"Why did you bring me here with you?" She asked, maybe for the tenth time now.

She kept asking me earlier but I just kept my mouth shut because I thought that she'd be pissed, but I was wrong. Damn, this woman was persistent.

"I'll introduce you to them as my wife." Her face turned red. I don't know why, but I really like it when she's blushing. Cute.

I held her hand before going inside the elevator which would take us to the main lobby. It was the only way to get in.

I wanted to laugh when I felt her froze but I held it in. She's too cute and I don't want her to get shy. As much as possible, I want her to treat me like a real husband.

As we got inside, almost all of the employees got shocked when they saw us coming in together. I just smiled at those who greeted us and continued walking casually like I do.

I wasn't afraid that the media might see us since Bighit doesn't allow the paparazzi inside for our own privacy. Only employees were allowed to get in.

And if ever an employee spread an information about us, I'm pretty sure that Bighit will sue them right away.

We got in another elevator and quietly waited until we reached the top floor. Our space.

When the elevator opened, everyone stopped from what they were doing. A lot of faces were shocked, and only Taehyung was smiling.

We walked towards Jin hyung who was sitting comfortably on the sofa. He stood up and looked cluelessly at me, then smiled at Chae.

"Hi, Chaeng." Jin greeted her as we got close to them. The rest went to us as well and formed a circle around us.

I breathed in as I hooked an arm around Chaeyoung which completely surprised her.

"I'd like you to meet Chaeyoung again. My wife."