Ephemeral | 01

c h a e y o u n g

year 2027

I took a deep breath and looked at the folder that I was have been holding for the longest time.

"Are you really going to make him sign those?" Ryujin asked, pertaining to the folder. I firmly nodded and smiled at her. She chuckled and shook her head.

I'm definitely sure that she's thinking that I'm crazy, but I don't care. I have been planning this for so long. No one can stop me now.

I stood up and went inside my walk in closet to change my clothes. Since I'm just attending a fansign event, I decided to wear an oversized shirt and matched it with some denim shorts.

As I went out, Ryujin was still inside my room, watching We Bare Bears. Still her favorite.

"Do you want to come?" I asked her. She's a bit of an army.

"No. I wouldn't want to catch attention." She answered without removing her gaze from the TV.

I almost forgot that she's still an idol. Well, I usually forget that she is one. She always stays here at my house as if she has no life aside from being a bum.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, then took my car keys. I have a driver but it's his day off. And besides, I really love driving around Seoul.

As I got out of the house, some of the maids greeted me so I gave them a smile.

I went to the garage and unlocked my Chevrolet Corvette that I got myself as a gift after we disbanded. It was a black one.

As I got in, I started the engine and connected my phone to the car.

I shuffle played my playlist. This is gonna be a long drive.

It took me around 20 minutes to get to the venue. There wasn't any traffic that's why I got to travel smoothly.

I smiled as I handed my keys to the valet. Better safe than sorry.

As I entered the venue, I received a lot of stares. Probably because they recognized me. I wore my shades that I brought with me so I won't have any eye contact with anyone in this room.

When a staff saw me, she assisted me right away. Perks of being an old K-pop idol huh.

She brought me to the first row, where I could see them clearly.

I waited for about a minute or two until it was my turn. I'm really nervous, but I still managed to stand up straight and face them with my chin up.

"I didn't know you were an army, Chaeyoung noona." Jungkook said. I gave him a sweet smile and answered.

"It's nice to meet you too." I handed him a box of macaroons which I baked earlier. He seemed amazed but he still managed to thank me.

Next was Hoseok who was obviously shocked when he saw me. I smirked at him. Honestly, I'm not that close to them. But since we live in the same world, we can talk casually like we've known each other for years.