Ephemeral | 21

Dedicated to Yeah-Itz_Meh hihi promise gagawan kita taennie, wait ka lang mwa

c h a e y o u n g

"I want to go home now Channie! I miss him so damn much." I cried. I felt him caressed my back as I let go and sniffed.

"Are you ready now?" He asked, obviously worried. I gave him a tight smile and nodded. It's now or never. I can't hurt myself or Jimin anymore.

As expected, he sighed and then smiled at me.

"Prepare your things now, Chaeng. I'm taking you home."

"Where should I drop you?" Chanyeol, who was at the drivers seat, asked me while looking outside.

He looked so fine though. If I were different, I'd definitely date him. I wonder why he's still single.

"I want to stay at my office first." I replied firmly.

Earlier, I thought I can face them. But I was mistaken. I still can't and I'm afraid that if I see him again I might want to hug and beg him to stay for the rest of our lives.

He quickly nodded then maneuvered the car. It was silent so I decided to turn the radio on.

I don't know if it was just a coincidence or if my destiny was having fun playing of me. Out of all the songs, why promise?

Tears started to build up again. "Don't cry. You can change the station if you want." Chanyeol suddenly said which caused me to turn back to my senses.

I immediately wiped off my tears and shook my head. Why am I so shallow?

"You only have a week left with him," He started which tore my heart a little. "Why won't you just wait for it to finish?"

Sighing, I looked outside then answered. "Should I?"

Yes, you definitely should or else you'll regret it. I heard my conscience say.

Of course I want to spend the last week with him. But everytime I see Jimin, I remember the hurtful words that Jongyeon threw at me. I feel so guilty.

And come to think of it, I was the real villain, not Jongyeon.

She was first but then I suddenly popped out of nowhere and took Jimin away from her. Who would just sit on the corner and accept everything easily?

"If you want to. And I know you do." He teased which caused me to blush.

Among all of my friends, Chanyeol was the one who knew me very well. Just one look and he knows what I am thinking or feeling.

We've been friends for a long time now and sometimes I questioned myself, why am I still not inlove with him? He was the easiest person to love.

We became silent after. I looked outside and thought about it.

I wouldn't want to regret anything.