Ephemeral | 27

dedicated to Nightmoon114 ,, thank u for reading and voting every chapter, ilysm ♡

j i m i n
YEAR 2029

"Are you nervous?" Yoongi asked Taehyung who had been pacing back and forth right infront of us.

I smirked and looked at my wristwatch, then at my friend again.

"What do you expect? I'm getting married in just a few minutes." Taehyung snapped, which made us all laugh.

It's been two years since he and Jennie got together. Two years since I last smiled genuinely as well.

2027 was their year, I might add. Sure it was for me too. But it also left a huge void in my heart.

I really miss her, but I don't know where to start. She left me with nothing and I should be hating her for this, but I know deep inside me that it's still her.

"Yah, I'll go outside first. Lisa's here." Jungkook said and left without waiting for our response.

I smiled bitterly. They all have their happy endings now and I was the only one left.

God, I know what you did to others. When can I meet mine too?

"Jungkook really did fell for Lisa." Namjoon hyun uttered.

"Underdog." I whispered, enough for Hoseok hyung who was sitting beside me to hear.

"Don't you worry Jimin, you'll find yourself like that someday." He replied which just left a smirk on my lips.

I was willing to be an under for Chaeyoung. I had imagined it several times back then, and now I couldn't imagine myself serving for any other else. Just her.

"Have you moved on already?" Yoongi hyung asked, his face all serious.

Sighing, I shrugged my shoulders and replied. "I.. I actually don't know."

Only God knows how deep I fell for her.

"Well then, keep yourself together, Jimin. I heard she'll be present today." Taehyung said.

My heartbeat went faster. I felt my body sweating and all I could hear was Taehyung's voice, echoing in my whole system.

She'll be present today.

Suddenly, a tear came out of nowhere and found its way out of my eyes. I was already tearing up just by hearing that she'll be here.

"Is she alone?" Namjoon hyung asked which took my breath for a while.

"Nope." Taehyung then looked at me, then looked at his reflection through the mirror. "She's with someone I think you guys would love to meet."

"Why does it feel like you're the one who's getting married and not Taehyung?" Jin hyung joked which made me laugh nervously.

"What do you mean? I'm actually happy for them, hyung." I replied, hoping that he'll take the bait.

But instead, he just shrugged and went to his girlfriend who was busy gossiping with Nayeon and Jongyeon.

I was surprised when our eyes met, but she just smiled at me then looked away.

What if you just stayed in love with Jongyeon?

I immediately shook my head.

Rosé was the best thing that ever happened to you, and you were never inlove with Jongyeon. Don't waste your time regretting just because she left you, asshole.

"Hyung!" I heard Jungkook called me. I looked around and saw him, standing tall beside her girlfriend who was busy looking in her phone.

I went to them and smiled at Lisa who just gave me a nod and went back to her phone. Such a busy CEO.

"I'm getting nervous for Tae." I said out of the blue.

Jungkook just chuckled then patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, I get why you're like that." He kidded which just made me glare at him.

This brat really knows nothing but to annoy the hell out of me. If not my height, then my lovelife. I swear I'll be able to get you too, someday.

Seconds later, Lisa's eyes widened and then started looking around. It was as if she was searching for someone.

"What's the matter?" I asked her. She must've forgotten that she was with us.

"She's here!" She said with excitement. But instead of jumping out of joy too, my knees started to weaken.

Jungkook noticed how I reacted so he then assisted me and asked. "Are you okay?"

I gave him a nod even though it was obvious that I wasn't. Two years of waiting, and the day has finally come.

And just when I was about to start walking away from the two, my eyes spotted a sophisticated woman, walking inside the venue with a man who seem to be in his toddler years.

Our eyes met, and just then, tears started flowing like a stream.

Unexpectedly, she instantly smiled when she saw me and kneeled down infront of the child right beside her and said something.

Next thing I knew, they were already on their way to me. I wanted to run to her but my feet were glued on the ground.

Seconds later, she was already standing infront of me, smiling all ears and tears flowing on her rosy, chubby cheeks as well.

"It's nice to finally meet you again, Jimin-ssi." She said.

Eight words, yet enough to make my heart go wild. It was as if she just said 'I love you'. Hearing her say my name for the first time in two years felt everything.

I managed to smile even though I was still in tears. I was about to speak when someone interrupted us. It was Taehyung.

"Chaeyoung? I missed you!" He ran towards her and enveloped her into a warm, tight hug.

When they finished, his eyes went down to the child who was holding Chae's left index finger while his free hand was holding his bottle.

"Nice to meet you, Seon." He said. The child just removed his bottle, smiled at him then went back to sipping his milk again.

My brows furrowed. It can't be.

"I still haven't formally introduced you two." Chae said which caught my attention.

She took the boy in her arms and carried him.

"This is Park Seon, your son."

Seon was the only name I could think of since I miss him so bad lmao.

Anyway, please don't forget to vote and leave comments. I really appreciate those people who kept commenting ♡