Ephemeral | 16

c h a e y o u n g

"Congrats!" I smiled at Jimin and ran to him. He immediately smiled back and hugged me tight.

I missed him! Even though I was watching him from afar and can totally see him, I still did.

"Thank you." He replied and kissed my forehead. How I wish we could stay like that forever.

When he finally pulled out from the hug, I went to one of the staffs and asked for a bottle of water. It took her a minute or two before she got back with 2 bottles.

I thankfully took those and went back to my husband who looked so worn out.

"Here." I said then handed the bottle of water to him.

He took it and patted the vacant seat beside him. Without any hesitation, I sat down, took his free hand and massaged it.

"I missed you." He blurted out.

The butterflies on my stomach went wild. I know that he usually say things like that, but I still couldn't get used to it. The way he says those still sends.

"Same here." I replied as I tried to divert my attention to his soft little hands.

We fell silent until the guys came and started to fill up the room with noise again.

"Namjoon hyung did it again." Jungkook said and laughed out loud.

"You can call me artist," I chuckled at him. Such a brat maknae.

"Can clm idol." The room was filled with laughter.

"Fuck you." Namjoon said while laughing. Jungkook just smiled and sat on top of Taehyung who also looked so worn out.

Who wouldn't if you dance like there's no tomorrow?

"Yah, Taehyung, Jimin. You guys should've took it easy." Hoseok seriously said and took out his phone.

"What? It's our last tour anyway." Jimin replied.

It saddens me to know that they would disband this year. I'm happy that they'd finally have a chance to rest, but their fans will be left crying.

"I don't think I can look at the armys while saying goodbye." Jin oppa said while peeling a banana.

The room became dead silent. I can feel them, really.

When it was our time, I couldn't find my voice. It was as if my throat was clogged. All I wanted was to stand and start walking away so I could avoid that moment.

"We can't do anything about it, you know." Yoongi oppa broke the ice.

"Suga hyung's. Fans will meet other idols anyway." Hoseok said.

I wanted to cry. It hurts so much. Just imagining them singing their last song kills me.

"We also need to live, cheer up." Their leader said, trying to lift up the mood.

"Atleast we wouldn't regret anything."