Ephemeral | 25

c h a e y o u n g

"Do you want sinigang, mr. and mrs. Park?" Sheena asked.

I only met her three days ago, yet I already feel comfortable towards her.

Inside the whole week that we've spent here in Boracay, she and her staffs had been accommodating us very well.

We didn't have to break a sweat in doing fun activities, thanks to them.

"Sure." I answered, smiling.

"Okay, ma'am. Kindly wait for the food to be served. I'll see you two around." She answered with a smile and left the two of us alone.

It's been five days since we got here and everything was going on according to planned.

Jimin and I tried a lot of activities like scuba diving, paragliding and more.

We even got ourselves some tattoos! Well, mine was just henna while Jimin got a real one.

Speaking of tattoos, I looked at Jimin who was busy with his phone.

My eyes went down to his right wrist which was visible to me. My lips automatically formed into a smile when I saw my name tattooed on it.

I smiled again then looked at his tanned, yet handsome face.

"Are you busy?" I asked just to break the ice.

He automatically smiled at me and hid his phone on his pockets then answered.

"Quite a bit. But don't worry, I still got everything under control." He replied then pulled me into his arms.

It actually breaks my heart every time he does that. Not because I don't like it, but because I'm already used to his presence.

We only have a night left in the contract and yet, here I am, pretending like we'll definitely live together forever.

Like we don't care about what will happen once we leave the Philippines and go back to Seoul tomorrow morning.

"Don't stress yourself too much, Chim. We're here to unwind." I replied.

Honestly, I feel a bit guilty about this trip.

He should be in Seoul, practicing for their upcoming comeback but here he is, spending the last week left with me.

I feel so selfish, but I've been so selfless my whole life.

"Of course." He replied then his phone rang.

I immediately nodded, signaling him to take the call. He smiled at me and went outside, leaving me alone.

I looked around the place, there were also some couples inside, listening to the live band on stage.

There were also a Filipino couple who seemed to be in their eighties. I smiled when I saw them enjoying the night. How I wish Jimin and I could stay like that.

Growing old together and enjoying the life given to us.

"I'm back."