Ephemeral | 31

dedicated to zelphyraone of my best oomfs,, take care, ily

c h a e y o u n g

"Where the hell is your fiancé?" Lisa asked, obviously pissed.

Ever since she started being a CEO, she became the most hot headed person I know. But what can I do? Her job requires almost everything which can really be stressful.

I let out a little laugh and continued looking at the wedding rings right in front of us.

"He wanted to babysit Seon so I gave him the chance. Plus, he won't like these sort of things." I replied, still fascinated about the rings.

Of course, what I said was a lie. Jimin is the type of guy who's willing to spend his whole day organizing his own wedding. But since I don't want him to stress himself as well, I just asked him to look after our baby. After all, no one will look out for Seon except him.

Once I saw what I think was perfect, I pointed it out, then let the saleslady prepare it.

I turned to Lisa and Jisoo who were also looking at some jewelries on the other side. Jennie's not here since she said she wanted to rest, and I know exactly what she meant.

Being pregnant isn't easy though.

I slowly went to them and looked at some necklaces as well. Just then, Jisoo spoke.

"Have you been living together again?" I gently smiled and shook my head. "He wants to, but I refused." And as expected, we heard a groan from Lisa.

"Why would you refuse? You'd live under one roof anyway. Plus, you've already done that years ago!" She protested, as if it would actually change my mind.

I chuckled at how cute she looked. Bossy might be, but still our baby Lili.

"It's just that I wouldn't want to do the same mistakes we did again."

Jisoo gave me a confused look and asked. "What mistake? You two were obviously inlove with each other. How did it became a mistake?"

And before I could even answer, Lisa interfered. "Are you saying that Seon was just one of your mistakes in life?" With that, my eyes widened as I continuously shook my head.

"No way, Seon was the best part of our lives!" I said, almost shouting.

"Then what did you meant by mistake?" I sighed and went back to looking at the jewelries. "I just don't want to overthink and end up leaving him again. Living separately before our wedding is what I think was best for everyone."

Lisa raised her left brow. "What would you overthink about?" She held both of my shoulders and said. "He truly loves you, Chaeng. We're here to prove it."

"Lisa's right." I turned to Jisoo who was now holding a ring and looking at it closely. "Have you ever seen your fiancé's sparkling eyes whenever he looks at you and your baby?"

"It was as if he was looking at the whole universe, Chaeyoung." She continued, enough to make my thoughts completely vanish.