Ephemeral | 03

c h a e y o u n g

I kept pacing back and forth, hoping that Jimin would send a text saying that he's just kidding.

"Will you stop walking, eonnie? I can't watch properly." Ryujin complained.

I finally stopped and sat beside her, still anxious about the situation.

"Do you think he'll really live here?" She examined my face for a while then looked at the TV again.

"Why? Isn't that what you wanted?"

I instantly rolled my eyes. Yes, I know! But it never slid in my mind that he'd want the idea of us being married. I even thought that he'll ask for divorce right away.

But does he really wanted it too?

Just when I was about to stand up and open the door, it burst out open and there he was, walking in with his luggages.

"Are you freaking serious right now?" I asked him. Instead of answering, he just gave me a smile and called out one of my maids to ask for something to drink.

My jaw dropped. The audacity of this man!

"So where is the master's bedroom?" He asked while examining the whole place. It was as if he went here for an ocular visit.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You're not sleeping there."

He looked at me and smiled playfully, which made me fall for him even more.

"Why not? We're married now." I groaned. He's definitely enjoying it.

I was supposed to be the one having fun, but looks like the tables have turned. Jokes are now on me.

Why the hell did I even made him sign those papers? I should've just stay contented by looking at him from afar. Fudge.

"Still, you're sleeping at one of the guest rooms." I said firmly. But he was persistent.

He went next to Ryujin and whispered something. Next thing I knew, my cousin was already leading him upstairs.

Sighing I ran after them so that I could prevent them from coming in.

She was about to twist the doorknob but I stopped her by blocking the door. Ryujin smirked and looked at Jimin who seems totally amused by me right now.

"Get out of the way, anae." I gulped. Is his voice this deep or am I just hallucinating?

"I won't let you sleep in my room." He just snorted and pushed me lightly so that he could open the door.

I tried so hard to stay on my spot but he was stronger, making me sigh again in defeat.

He entered the room and left me with my cousin who was stopping herself from laughing so hard.

"You guys are crazy." She commented and bursted out laughing. I looked at her as if she's the crazy one but it didn't stopped her.

"I'm quite regretting now." I said and sat on the floor, resting my back on the door.

Ryujin kneeled in front of my and held both of my shoulders. She looked at me straight in the eyes and spoke. "I think he's worth it, eonnie." She then stood up again.

"Go in there and talk to him now. You wished for this." She added then winked at me before walking away.

I inhaled and looked at the ceiling.

Why did I put myself in this kind of situation?

I was still drowning in my own thoughts when the door suddenly opened, causing me to fall down. I heard him laughing which annoyed the hell out of me.

"Get up." He said and attempted to pull me up but things happened quickly.

Next thing I knew, he was already on top of me.

I gulped as I felt my face heat up. Only the light from my lampshade was lighting up the room which made me blush more.

It was dark, but I can still see how he was staring intensely at me, making me feel uneasy. We stayed like that for a few more seconds until I decided to fake a cough.

Awkwardness lingered the whole room as Jimin stood up and offered a hand. I took it without giving him a single glance.

"I'll just go sleep on the guest room tonight." He said and then started walking away.

I didn't know what got into me but I stopped him from going out.

He gave me a bewildered look and attempted to open the door but I held his hand.

"You could sleep here."

Silence. Then it all sinked in.

Why the hell did you ask someone to sleep with you, Park Chaeyoung?

I looked down, trying to hide the embarrassment that I was feeling.

"You really like me, don't you?"

Gosh, he's back to his playful self! And I don't think I could even stand him.

Since he was already playing, I decided to give him what he wanted.

"What if I do?" I replied, slowly walking towards him. He didn't moved nor flinched. He just stayed there, still amused.

"Then you do."

I smirked as I continued walking towards him. Fuck the awkwardness. We're married now anyway.

Just when I was about to move my face closer to his, he suddenly held my waist and turned us around.

"You're crazy." He uttered.

I looked at him and stared at his deep, brown, almond shaped eyes. I felt like I would drown any second now.

"I know." I gave him a smirk. I really am crazy.

"You married me without my consent." He said in an accusing tone which made my smirk grew wider.

"Is it my fault that you weren't attentive?" He shook his head in disbelief.

Next thing I knew, he was already walking slowly towards me. I stepped backwards until I reached the wall. He rested both of his arms on the wall, locking me inside.

I could already feel his breath on my face but I tried so hard not to flinch.

A smirk escaped from his lips as well, erasing the smirk that I planted on mine.

"Well then, brace yourself, mrs. Park."