Epilogue - Mankester Remembered

One Week Later
Star's POV
****

Dressed in black, her head bowed, Starlina listened to the words the pastor was saying about Ian.

"...By all here, he was loved, as a friend, as a father, as a lover. Nothing would ever be able to erase the mark of goodness and love, kindness and joy, that Ian has placed in all of our hearts. Let him rest in peace, for he is no longer in pain. Let him bask in Heaven's soft glory, as he is done with the hell of Earth..."

Emily clutched onto her mother, and Star rubbed her back - the thirteen year old girl was too young to have to witness this. To witness...to have this happen to her father. But he was truly gone. And he laid there, in a chestnut brown casket, polished to perfection as was fit for him. The hole was dug.... there were a few flowers on top of it that she felt represented Ian - red roses, of course, a couple day lilies, and peace lilies for his safe passage. He was in a better place now.

Kyle and Phil were there, their heads bowed as the also listened to the words he spoke about Ian.

"...Nothing can change the effect Ian had on us. He was the perfect way to light up the mood - even in his last moments on Earth, he still made us happy to have known him as a friend, father and lover. His family couldn't make it out here today - but they send their regards - telling us here he was was the best son, brother, and uncle any of them could ever ask for. That it was a joy to see him because ....you couldn't not smile around Mr. Mankester...." at that, he chuckled slightly...as did everyone else feel a smile cross their sad lips. Yet, it didn't make it to their eyes.

".. He runs with God now. He has his own pair of wings. Let us remember the good of Ian, instead of the wrong and bad. Let us not worry about his welfare, he is safe now in our Creator's arms. Let us grieve for a loss, but let those good memories take away our grieving....God has Ian now. He is safe. He is happy. May he forever rest in peace."

It was silent for a moment, and Emily started crying, clutching onto her mother.....Star looked up and they had started moving him, to place him in the ground. He was safe, happy, warm, and loved. He always would be.

Everyone had a chance to give a wish with their sprinkle of dirt. No one said theirs aloud of course. No one. It was silent and somber.

They covered him up, and Star was the last to leave, wiping a few tears before turning with Emily, and started walking... time to go home.

****
Same Night

****

Star laid in bed, her eyes were still puffy from crying and the funeral from earlier that day. She was just watching TV, Emily in bed, hopefully asleep instead of those sobs she had heard earlier coming from her daughter. Emily missed her dad..... Star knew that.

She shook her head slightly, and flipped through channels, her hand on her stomach rubbing gently. No reason behind it.... just because she felt a little ill. She blamed it on today's events.

By tracking the monthly, she knew it would be this week.... had to be. Its been a month since the last - then she remembered what had happened between Ian and her that night. Oh....

That struck her curiosity, and she got up to head to the bathroom - she had a test, might as well try right?

She did her business, taking the test and now waited the time for results. While she waited, she studied herself in the mirror. She looked thin.. and sad. She was sad...so sad Ian was gone. She would never be able to kiss, to hold, to love him again.

Star shakes her head and sighs, then looked at the test when time was up.

What she saw...shocked her.

It was positive. It was positive. Positive.

Star smiled, yet tears ran. She was pregnant again - and she knew it was Ian's.

"You live on, my love. You live on."