The Brother Searcher

Next Morning

Crystal Inn, Marion, Arkansas

****

Ian's POV

****

  Ian stretched, and yawned, morning had came too early again. Yet he felt fully refreshed and ready to take on the day. He smiled at the thought of seeing Rebekka again.

Why was he having those thoughts? Starlina was his only love!

    He shook his head, and slipped out of bed. Ian patted the wrinkles out of his clothes, and looked where Tyler slept, soundly snoring, oblivious to the morning.

  I'm not going to wake him.

  He grinned at the thought, and stood. The bathroom called.

  Walking steadily, yet quietly, he headed for the bathroom. Minutes later --and a flush-- he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His hair was long, and finally showed some of the light brown it was. His blue green eyes were duller and sunken into the sockets. All in all, his cheeks hollow and lips pale, he looked like crap. He sighed, turning away. He couldn't stand the look of himself.

    Star and Emily won't either... he sighed softly, and exited the bathroom, looked at Tyler --still out-- before heading down to the lobby.

  Rebekka stood at the desk again, and was helping a customer. She noticed Ian and gave him a sly wink.

  He gave a shy smile in return. and hit the breakfast bar. The smell of pancakes hit his nose, and he grinned. Pancakes were his favorite. Ian grabbed a tray, forked a couple pancakes and bacon, then snatching an apple tart just cause he could. His stomach yarled at the smell and sight.

"Shut up, you're getting food."

  "Excuse me?"

    Ian turned and faced the person behind him. She stood there, look on her face, her raven black hair running down her back and almost past her waist. Her amber eyes boring into his own.

  "Uhmm..." he mumbled, "Not you, sorry."

  "Good." she turned to walk away.

  "Who ... are you?" he asked.

   "It matters why?" she said with a glare back at him, crossing her arms.

  "Just ... curious is all..." he muttered and concentrated on his food.

  "Its Tallana, if you really wanna know." she sighed and sat at a table with him. "Tallana Scotcher."

  Ian nodded. "Nice name." he said, and she raised an eyebrow. "Phil Lansworth." He added. He figured out where he got the name. It was his friend's.

   Tallana watched him eat. He flushed slightly, and looked at her. setting down his fork.

   "So.. what brings you here, Tallana?" Ian asked kindly.

  "The search for my brother. He escaped Memphis prison, and I want to find him and bring him home." she sighed. "His name is Tyler, so if you see him, let me know." she gave a half smile.

   Ian froze. This was Tyler's sister? He didn't know that! "Uhm, yeah, sure no problem. How can I get ahold of you?" I have no need to, he's down the hall....? Ian pushed the thought away.

  She smiled at him, and pulling a pen out of nowhere.. what? ... she wrote down a number and her name on his unused napkin. "With that. Call me." Tallana slid it back over to him, and stood, and walked away before he could say anything. He glanced a look at Rebekka and she was glaring as Tallana walked away.

  I'm not that good looking... am I?

    He shook his head, and focused on his food, finishing it without really tasting it anymore.

   Ian stood and headed back to his room. Tyler was up and moving around.

   He saw Ian as he was heading for the door.

"Going for breakfast. " he said simply.

Ian shook his head, "No."

  "Why?" Tyler looked confused.

   "Someone's looking for you. Tallana." Ian said,  and looked at Tyler. He saw the resemblance in the eyes and cheekbones. Even the coloring of the hair.

   Tyler looked shocked. "T-Tallana? M-my sister?" Ian nodded. "Oh shit."

  "Word spread we escaped." Ian said. "We must be careful." Tyler nodded and sat back on the bed.

"Have Rebekka bring you some food."

  A couple minutes later, Rebekka showed with a plate of food, and Tyler took it eagerly, instantly digging in.

  She turned to Ian.

    "We need to talk about payment." she said, and crossed her arms.

  Oh shit. Ian thought again, for not the first time today.

****

Ohhh... its getting good!

Please leave your comments on what you think happens next!

Thank you for reading!

Vote, and follow me please, for more of Ian's story! :3