Giving One Night

Two Weeks Later

****

   Ian didn't want to do this. He didn't want to spend one night with Rebekka. She... she wasn't his taste. And after talking to Star.... he just wanted to get home...

   Save Emily. But he couldn't. He hadn't told Tyler about it. Ian couldn't bring himself to.

  Rebekka came sharply at 7 o'clock PM, the last night of their two week work. Ian dressed himself in the same thing he had been in from the day he got there. And not the prison outfit either. They burned that the instant they could.

   A knock pulled him away from his thoughts. She was here. He walked to the door hesitantly, and puller it open. She looked nice, in a simple red dress that hugged her perfectly.

  He felt underdressed. "Sorry, I don't have anything better."

   "It's alright." she said, and smiled. "It's you, and that's what matters."

  He nodded, and forced a smile. "Okay..."

   Rebekka hugged him unexpectedly, and he cautiously hugged her back. She was a little taller than Star.

   She pulled back, "Lets go."

   Ian followed her out, and into her car. The place they went to wasn't fancy, but it was pricey. He just picked the first thing he saw off the menu after they were sat down. Which just happened to be a rack of ribs with coleslaw.

   Rebekka just ordered spaghetti from the menu, with chicken, and then focused on Ian.

  He swallowed, "So how was your day?"

   "It was okay..." she said. "But kinda better now." she gave him one of those looks that spoke want.

  He nodded, "How long have you run the Inn?"

  She sighed, stirring her drink. "Awhile. I inherited it from my parents after they passed away. I didn't really want it." she took a drink. "But that's what the only child gets."

  Just as she finished the food arrived, and Ian busied himself with eating rather than talking.

  "What's the reason you got put in prison?" she asked suddenly.

  He stopped, then mumbled softly, "Suspected rape..."

  She gave him a shocked look, and when the waiter came back, asked for the bill. Rebekka pushed away the rest of her food. Ian was able to finish in silence.

  "It doesn't matter." He said after he finished the last rib. "Because I'm out, and I did five years for something I didn't do." she nodded, and it was forgotten. 

  After she paid, they headed out.

  "So... will you come back home with me?" she asked a little hopeful, though she was still hesitant.

  Ian just shook his head. He didn't know what he'd do to her.

  So she drove back to the Crystal Inn, and let him in, before leaving again. Ian could almost feel she had wanted more. He wouldn't.... couldn't give it. Not while his heart was still loyal to Starlina.

   He entered the room quietly, but Tyler was awake.

   "How'd it go? What did you do?" he asked, a small smile played across his lips.

   "It went okay. Didn't do anything." Ian mumbled as he laid down.

   "Wow, sour puss. She ask for a sleepover?"

  Ian grunted in response, then said,

  "We're leaving in the morning."

   Then he fell asleep, dreaming if kissing Star, hugging Emily, and killing Rebekka and the unknown man.

****

Thoughts as always, lemme know!

I love the feedback, but I love all my readers more.

Thank you for giving this story over 200 reads! :3 Enjoy!