Payment?

"Eh ..uhmm...." Ian sputtered when she mentioned payment.

  Tyler froze with his mouth full of food. Pancakes, no doubt.

  "Yes. Payment." She sniffed. "I know who you guys truly are." Rebekka looked at them both pointedly. "Escapees from prison? Ian Mankester, and Tyler Scotcher." she tsked.

  Ian winced when she said his name. "Okay...." he said. "I lied to you with the names but---"

  "Then I was right!" she said and Ian and Tyler nodded. Tyler set down his food, no longer hungry. "But I'm willing to forget. For a price." Those last three words she looked back at Ian, smile on her face.

  Ian's jaw clenched, and nodded. "What do you want?"

  She walked up to Ian. "One night with you, for dinner.. staying at my place." she smiled, then backed up, the smile falling as she took in both men. "And then both of you, help me run the Inn for two weeks."

"And that entails.....?" Tyler left the question hanging in the air.

She thought for a minute. "Breakfast bar, housekeeping, catering to guests.... that kind of thing." They both nodded and looked at each other, silently asking the same question.

  Was it really worth it?

  Ian shook his head, clearing thoughts, and looked back at Rebekka.

  "Yea... we'll do it. But..." He said. She looked at him expectantly. "I choose when the day or night is."

  "Fine." she said. "I'll --"

  "And," he continued. "The two weeks are in effect tomorrow morning, that's when we'll start."

  Rebekka looked taken aback by his straight forwardness, and command in his voice. Her mouth twitched in a smile against her control, she loved a strong man. She nodded at them, and turned and left.

  After she'd gone, both men sighed in relief. Ian laughed a little, and Tyler gave him a strange look, as if asking, what are you laughing at?

  Ian shook his head. "We have our work cutout for us."

   "Its the price of keeping her quiet. I'll gladly do it. Even if its scrubbing toilets for a year." Tyler shrugged, and went back to eating his breakfast.

  Ian sat down, and pulled his marbles to him. Counting again would be too easy. He sorted them instead.

  Silence between Ian and Tyler, carried on for a while.

  Eventually Tyler spoke.

  "She likes you, you know..."

   Ian nodded, and put more reds into the red pile. He did know, and he didn't like it.

  I still love Starlina, even if she won't take me back.

  The next statement Tyler said, shocked Ian.

  "Where'd you get those marbles from?"

   Ian stopped, and dropped blues into the blue pile.

  I thought he'd never ask....

****

Sooo.... where do YOU think Ian got his marbles from?

Do you believe it's right that he still loves Starlina, even though she may never take him back?

Please give me feedback... I really want to know what my readers think.

Comment! Vote! (follow me, maybe?)

Alright. Until next update, luvs to my Luvies! <3 :)