Flashback ~~ Meeting Star

Ian's POV

****

   Ian waited around at the cafe for a friend. He was meeting Jake, Kyle, and Phil. It was for lunch, and just to get together to kind of celebrate graduating their first year of college. Ian was 22, and his friends closer to 24. He didn't mind, they bonded like best buds the first day of freshman year.

  He waited around for what seemed like an hour. He checked his phone repeatedly for texts or missed calls. Neither appeared on the lock screen of his Nokia 5. Ian sighed and paced around the cafe a little, before heading inside and getting a donut. He approached the door, pulling the door open, at the same time someone else came out pushing the door. The person ended up falling forward on him, and they got their coffee spilled on their shirt, while he felt it burning his leg.

And they was a girl. She appeared to be around the same age as he, with blonde hair and light green eyes. She was beautiful.

  "I... I'm...I'm... s-s-sorry..." Ian stuttered.

  She smiled shyly, and nodded. "It's truly alright. I should have looked where I was going." She gave a light laugh, and went to move past him.

  "So... " he started. "Will you let me replace it?" Ian smiled. Oh, that's a way to ask her on a date.

   She smiled, "Sure." He grinned, and they walked back up to the line and ordered her coffee, and he got his donut.

  Once they sat back down at an outside table, he took a careful bite  of his donut.  "How are you?" he asked, hesitantly.

  "I'm doing well." she said, and then held her hand out. "I'm Starlina."

  He grasped it firmly, and smiled. "Ian."

   "Nice to meet you." Star said and smiled back.

   "As well as you." he said in return.

   They talked for a little while longer, and then she had to leave to catch her work shift. Ian shook her hand again, and she gave him his number with the words, 'we'll do this again'. He was grinning like a fool when he was watching her leave. His friends showed up sometime later, and the whistled at him. Then the teasing began.

****

Well, had to do short update, because I needed to update. Thank you all for reading and voting. I'm so happy you all enjoy this as much as I do writing it.

Let me remind, and ask, you to go to the story titled:

"Prequel to The Heart of Insanity???"

Please go vote, if you want the whole story behind Ian's and Star's relationship. :) Thank you!