Revenge... and The Scotcher

Rowen's POV

****

  He paced his office after Star had left with her daughter, and her crazy ex had been taken by another nurse. Rowen was glad he called the Federal State Prison of Memphis to deal with irritable patients. He knew where Ian had come from. He was one of the ones that had him tracked ever since he was brought into the hospital. He couldn't believe his eyes, when some guy brought Ian in,who was passed out cold from dehydration and lack of food that was so bad that his body was starting to shut down. 

Rowen secretly wanted him to die. 

 Not that he wasn't supposed to do everything in his power to keep him alive, since that was a law in the state of Tennessee. Rowen shook his head and sighed. He still hurt from what Star did to him, and he was bound to make her pay. But revenge was always sweet when you played nice before acting upon it. He slipped his new iPhone 6 from his pocket, and looked at the wide screen.  He got it exclusivley for his personal life, and calling his mistress in Arkansas was personal. 

Rowen dialed her number, and she picked up almost immediately.

 "Rebekka," He said softly. "Who do you have at the inn?"

She paused for a minute before responding. "Well, the only person left is a Tallana Scotcher. She was the sister of Tyler Scotcher, the other escapee that was with Ian Mankester." 

Rowen grinned, "Okay, can you send her a message for me?"

"Certainly." On the other end, in Arkansas, Rebekka smiled, she'd do anything to please Rowen. SHe missed having him in bed with her. She pushed aside those thoughts as he spoke again.

"Tell her that her brother is here, in Memphis Blodgett Hospital, and it is life threatening."

She paused, and her smile faltered. "Uhmmm, Rowen, Tyler was found shot to death 3 times on the side of the road, on the way to Memphis... " 

He growled, and Rebekka became a little scared. "Yes.. thats right... They killed someone else when they were supposed to kill Ian Mankester." Rowen's team, had seen the two men, and they fired, though the skinny dark haired one kept getting in the way, pushing Ian out of the way, and that ended up in his death. He tried to think of something else to get Tallana here.

"Does she know Ian?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Uhmm, I believe so, sir, let me ask, she's right here." Rebekka said softly. He could hear their conversation. 

   "Tallana?" Rebekka asked.

   "Yes?" Another female voice replied curtly, must be Tallana.

    "Dr, Rowen is on the phone, and he called to ask if there was anyone that knew Ian Mankester? I saw you talking to him that one morning, and I was wondering if you'd have any interest."

    There was silence, then she said, "Sure... he was supposed to find my brother for me."

   Then the phone was passed over, and Tallana said flatly, "Dr. Rowen?" 

  He smiled, "Hello, Ms. Scotcher. I wanted to know if you would mind coming down here to Memphis, to see Ian before he died." 

  "What?" she said, uncertain.

  "He's dying, and we can't get ahold of his family, so maybe you can come see him?"

  "Sure.. I'm heading there tomorrow." She hung up, and he grinned.

  This was going to be perfect.