City Limits

Ian's POV

****

  Ian didn't know where he was, or how far he walked. He just knew he was dog tired, hungry, and ready to pass out any minute. He panted, as each step he took was becoming pure agony. Ian was sure he was all blistered up, and smelled like dirt.

   Atleast no one can recognize me... He thought glumly. He was also sure that they hadn't posted anything out to the public about the missing inmates. They'd find me alone, when I clearly wasn't.

  His heart ached at the remebrance of Tyler and just how he'd been killed. Ian shook his head, and trudged on. When he next looked up, he saw something that he never thought he'd see for miles yet.

  Memphis' City Limits.... He smiled at the thought, and clutched his marbles to his chest, almost laughing delirously. This was a good day... 

   He kept walking, his destination very much unsure, but now he had renewed vigor. It may not end well by time he got there, but he truly didn't care. Ian was almost home. Almost home to Starlina.

****

   Once pavement was under his feet, and he could hear the moving of cars, and the looming of buildings, Ian sighed. He loved this feeling. He felt so good, he was sure his heart was in the sky somewhere.

  Maybe it is... with the stars.... He smiled at the silent pun, and kept trudging along. His stomach yarled, waiting for food, and he held his belly, quieting it down, or atleast trying to. It was dark as he entered but he ultimately knew this was home. 

   He was back in Memphis. 

   He saw one person, and he waved, the delight on his face evident. When he turned back forward, he had a bout of nausea, and the world twisted for a moment. His smile dropped, as he tried to get back on track. He panted...

  ... this wasn't going to end well....

That thought was the last thing that passed through his mind, just as he fell to the street, blacking out.

****

Enjoy, enjoy, my readers, I know its been awhile... so I'm not saying much here.

Go to:

~L i f e 's  G r i p  O n  M e~  for more information.