Confrontation Of Untruth

Tallana's POV.
*****

Tallana had received that call, announcing her brother's murder. She felt saddened and furious that she had never found him. Had never been able to reconnect with him. To tell him everything he needed to know about what was happening at home. Of course, that was her mission ever since she learned her brother had escaped prison. Then she had met his friend ...which she knew now went by Ian Mankester.

So. She had started tracking him.

Which had led her to the home in Jackson. It had taken a long time go figure it out, and a lot of searching but she found him....sitting outside the home, in the back field, laying in the semi long dying grass. Tallana pursed her lips before approaching the sallow looking man...He had definitely deteriorated since the last time she saw him...

"Ian Mankester. The second escapee with my brother..." she said as she approached and he jumped slightly..

His eyes didn't focus right away on her but when they did, they widened in shock.

"T-Tallana?" He asked quietly, she nodded.

"The one and only. Where's my brother, that you escaped with?" She asked, straight to the chase, no games.

He gave her a strange look for awhile. "I ...I'm not sure.."

She cut him off. "You know damn well what I mean! You killed him!

Ian shook his head, "No--"

"You did it. You took Tyler's life. He ran with you, trusting you, and you killed him!" She was furious.

"Tallana! Listen!" He yelled, standing up. "I did not. It had been his choice to come. He didn't have to, but he did....he was shot.... " She stared....

"By you!"

"No! Dammit! No! A passing car ...came by once, and didn't do anything..." his eyes looked clouded as he remembered. "...and came by a second time... that time pulling a rifle out...aimed at me...Tyler shoved me to the ground, and they unloaded ...he was hit three times." He bowed his head.

Tallana thought it over. It was much more believable than what that guy over the phone had said.... Ian Mankester had shot him out of cold blood... he stood and unloaded into his head, to ensure he was beyond recognition. Would you trust a man like that? A cold blooded killer as well as a rapist?

Just by looking at Ian... truth spread in his features.... Tallana had seen plenty of jury and loss in different eyes of people...Ian Mankester showed it now, pure and deep through his remembering eyes. She had been wrong. Assuming it all wrong.

"Ian." She said, her voice softer. "Thank you. For putting him to rest. He deserved it."

He looks up at her. "I'm sorry for your loss of a good man. He was a wonderful friend .... I mean, we sparred with toilet scrubbers will in Arkansas!" He felt tears budding up even as he laughed at the memory.

She smiled. "That's my brother. The practical jokester ....always wanting to create fun out of a serious situation."

Ian nods. "Yeah..."

"I guess I should head home. Tell everyone." She said softly as she turned around.

"Give everyone my regards, I only knew him for a short while. But he wont be forgotten." Ian said softly.

She glanced back. "Thanks, Ian. Means a lot. Safe trip on whatever is next. Good luck too."

He smiles. "Thanks, Tallana."

She then turned and left.. leaving Ian to air again, and watch her back. Good luck indeed. Was her last thought.