Distrustful Move

Driving was second nature to Ian. He hummed along to the songs that played on the radio. Then one song imparticular came on, and he felt it just fit.

"Its a crime, you let it, happen to me..."

  He found himself singing every line.

"Nevermind, I'll let it, happen to you... out of mind, forget it, there's nothing left to lose...but my mind, and all the things, I wanted... "

Ian smiled. He had wanted Star and she got away.

"Everytime I get it, I throw it away. Its a sign, I get it, I wanna stay... by the time, I lose it, I'm not afraid, I'm alive but I can, surely fake it..."

"Can you stop, Ian?" Isabel said, and glared at him.

His smile dropped. "I'm sorry Isabel. I just..." Ian couldn't even explain it.

She sighed and shifted in her seat a little. "Its okay, I guess. Just refrain yourself please "

"Where are we even going?" Ian asked. They had been on the interstate for awhile now, with no clear destination. Ian couldn't count how many signs they passed.

"That's secret." she smiled at him. "You'll be happy to see who's there, I think."

Ian looks at her and sighs. He didn't know what would truly make him happy, except having Star back. But that wasn't going to be happening any time soon.....Suddenly, he remembered a day they shared....

~Flashback Content~

  Ian was meeting up with her, for their fifth date now. They have been together a total of six months and she made him happy that he ran into her at the coffee shop. Oh, how literal that had been.

  He paced around his apartment, waiting for 7 o'clock to arrive. He was sposed to go get her at 7:30 and he wanted to be early, but not too early. Her father hated that whenever Ian did that.

  Once it hit 7, he grabbed his keys and phone, he headed out to his car. Ian couldn't get in fast enough.

Drive safe... He told himself as he pulled out of his driveway. A twenty minute drive, and he found himself pulling up into her driveway. Ian sat there a minute, and took a deep breath before heading up the walk to the front door. He felt like he was on their first date again; he felt this way every time.

  Reaching the door, he tentatively knocked and waited, but not long. She, in all her resplendent glory, opened the door and smiled at him.

"Oh, Ian..." Starlina whispered, and stepped out to hug him, and planted a kiss on his lips that he gladly accepted.

"Hello, Star." He said and smiled back, kissing her again quickly, before her father showed up behind her and glared at Ian.

"Don't hurt her, and be back safely." He snarled and turned away... Ian just smiled and nodded his way, knowing he couldn't see it.

"Ready?" He asked her, and she nodded, letting him go long enough to grab her purse from the table.

"Yes... " she hugged him again, and he did back. She felt perfect right in his arms. Slowly, he turned and led her to his car, opening the door for her.

"Ever the gentleman..." Starlina said, and smiled, before getting in and waiting for him. Ian walked around and got in, doing up his seatbelt, and started the car.. slowly backing out.

  He knew where they were going, and it didn't take long to get there. It was different than the other places, and positively more romantic.

Ian parked the car, and got out, walking around, opening her door and held his hand out which he noticed she took quickly. He smiled at her when she smiled again at their interlaced fingers.

They walked inside and he told them his reservation and were instantly seated.

"So, how are you?" he asked.

She smiled. "I've never been better." He smiled too, and took her hand from across the table. A waiter came around, and, smiling at them both, took their orders and left. Ian became anxious of what he had planned for that night ...he sighed, and smiled at her as she talked about her week, and how much she missed him.

Its now or never.... He told himself as he slid from his chair, and got down on one knee next to her, turning her to face him. Star had stopped talking and stared at him, her mouth hanging open...

"Starlina... would you do me the honors of being my wife, forever and always....?" Ian knew it was a strange way to ask it, but he hoped she'd say yes..

"Ian..." she whispered quietly, looking down at him.

"Shh, Star... I love you..." He placed a finger on her lips to quiet her, then moved it away.

She smiled. "I love you too. So.. yes." Star bent and hugged him, and he hugged her back, kissing her softly...sliding the ring onto her finger, and she smiled more.

"I promise I won't leave you ever..." Ian whispered and held her close.

Star smiled on response.."As do I." she said and kissed him again.

That was the happiest day of his life.

~Flashback Content Over~

Ian heard his name called, just as he felt something grab his arm, and he shook his head. He needed to focus on the road. Ian glanced at Isabel who looked at him fearfully.

"You're a scary driver. No daydreaming..." she whispered harshly. "I'm not I should trust you... trying to kill us by crashing!"

"I'm sorry ..." he whispered and continued driving, saying no more ... oh the things he'd do to have that day back.