Crystal Inn

One Month Later

Marion, Arkansas

****

Ian's POV

****

  They had been walking for a month now, across the dusty desert like ground, their orange prison outfits now a dusty brown, unidentifiable from a distance. They each lost a lot of weight, and had full beards, and hair longer than ever. During the day, they stopped and rested for a bit, before resuming at sundown. They tried to catch food, but only managed to get two hares, and the rest had been insects. Water was scarce, with rocks they beat open cactuses and drank the sweet water out of them.

  Now, they finally crossed the Arkansas state line.

"Ian," Tyler whispered hoarsely, "Look!" he pointed at a sign.

  Ian looked and the sign read:

   Welcome to The Natural State.

           Marion, Arkansas.

Ian sighed, they'd made it. He couldn't believe it. They walked the road into Marion until they saw an inn. Crystal Inn to be exact.

   The sun was just setting, and when they entered the inn, the place was deserted. Well, except for the receptionist. Ian approached cautiously,

"Hello, how may I help you?" Her voice was cheery and easy. Ian smiled.

  "We've been traveling for awhile now, and would like a place to stay."

  She looked at them with curiosity, but nodded anyway, and led then down the hall to an empty room. Handing the keys over, she said, "My name's Rebekka, and have a nice stay, travelers. We'll discuss payment later. Goodnight."

  She left without a word, and Ian went in, Tyler following.

  "The first thing I need is a shower." Ian muttered.

  "Then go." Tyler said, and patted his shoulder. "I'll wait."

  Ian nodded, and found the soap and things supplied. It was amazing... even a razor and cream. He scratched his beard, and grimaced. He turned to the shower.

  Ian ran the hot water, and relished in it once he entered. The water ran down his back, relaxing his tight muscles. After that, he scrubbed down quickly, and felt ten times cleaner, and better. He got out, patted dry, and began the process of shaving. Ian nicked his chin once, and it bled. He grimaced, and finished, rubbing a little aftershave on and exited, still in his towel.

  Ian gestured to Tyler, and he nodded, hurrying to get in.

  After Tyler left the room, Ian sat on the bed. They'd needed to figure out clothes. He did the one thing he could.

  Picking up the phone, he called the desk, and seconds later he heard Rebekka's voice.

  "Hello, reception, how can I help?"

  "Uh, hello, Rebekka." Ian said.

  "Oh! Traveler, hi, can you tell me your name please?"

  Ian sighed. "Phil. Phil Lansworth. My buddy is Luke Belliger." He had no idea where the names came from, but she accepted them without a question.

  "What can I do for you, Phil?" she asked kindly.

  "Is there... is there a way we can get some new clothes? Our travel clothes are really worn out." he said, and bit his lip nervously.

  "Of course! We have a gift shop down here, by the front desk and you can choose from that."

  "Uhmm.... can you just pick something simple and bring it to us? I'm a.... kinda in a towel." Even though she couldn't see him, he still flushed red.

  "Certainly, just give me one second."

  "Okay, thank you, Rebekka."

  "No problem, Phil, its what I'm here for."

  The line disconnected. Ian sighed.

  A few minutes later, a knock was heard on the door. Ian stood and held onto his towel tightly and greeted Rebekka. She came in, just as Tyler was exiting, and she grinned. He had forgotten his towel.

  "Sorry...." he muttered, flushed and backed into the bathroom shutting the door.

  She smiled, and handed Ian the clothes. "We'll talk payment later." she winked, and gave him a once over, before turning to leave. Ian touched her wrist.

  "Thank you again, Rebekka."

  "No problem." she came close, and gave him a soft peck on the cheek. "You're worth it." she muttered, and walked out, leaving Ian staring.

  He shook himself, and separated the clothes. Two plain black tees that said, "Marion, Arkansas. The Natural State" on the back. Accompanying them, were two pairs of dark brown cargo shorts. They'd have to do.

  Ian got dressed, and handed the other set to Tyler, who muttered an embarrassed 'thanks'.

  Once Tyler was dressed, they headed to the lobby in search of food. Rebekka winked at Ian again, and pointed them to the breakfast bar which still had some choices on it, like fruit and donuts, even though it was way past breakfast time.

  They ate in silence, each taking an apple, an orange, and two donuts, before heading back to the room.

  Ian opened the door, and sighed.

  "Tyler."

  "Yea?"

  "If anything happens, your name is Luke Belliger." Tyler nodded. "And I'm Phil Lansworth." Tyler nodded again, and they kicked off their shoes before laying down.

  "Goodnight, Ian." he said, and was snoring as soon as his head hit the pillow.

  "Goodnight ..." he said back and curled into the soft bed.

  He, too, fell asleep almost instantly.

****

Hey, there. :) What do you think of Rebekka? Do you think she has a little crush on Ian? What do you think their "payment" is?

Comment your answers please. I appreciate it. :)

Vote! Follow/fan! You know it by now I hope!

Enjoy! :) Next update soon I promise!