A Little Too Late

That Morning

Star's POV
****
Morning came and Star yawned, stretching slightly and felt Ian's arms around her. This was where she wanted to be. To be so close to the one she loves..... she turns towards him and hugs him close. My Ian... I love you... She did love him.... she touched his cheek, brushing his semi long hair away from his face. He looked so sick.... she wished she knew what was really wrong with him and how she could fix it. But... she couldn't. Because no one knew what it was that was killing him inside.

Sh sighed and forced those thoughts from her mind.... she had to shower....but she didn't want to leave him .... her bladder was making her though, and she kissed his cheek, before slipping out and padding to the bathroom across the way.

She did her business then washed her hands before heading back to the room..... but froze at the doorway.

Ian. He thrashed with painful looking convulsions..... oh god.... no.. she ran over and tries to pin him down, to stabilize him..... he was choking on what air he was trying to draw in. ..his eyes went unfocused... "Ian....please....listen to me.." the convulsions still ran through his body... they weren't lessening. Worsening if nothing else....She was scared....

She continued to hold him down, when he suddenly stilled. She looks at him and sighs softly. Lack of air forced him unconscious..... she then got off him and got dressed..... before moving him, like carrying dead weight it was, she worked and managed to get him out to her car. He needed to go to the hospital....

Star started the car and drove quickly.... uncaring if she got caught speeding. Her love's life was on the line.... she needed to get there.
****
A few hours later....
****
They got him comfortable and now he laid there. He looked so peaceful....Star would miss him if he didn't pull through. He's going to. He has to. She had messaged Emily, well her friend that was watching her, about this. Give her a chance to come and see her father. Before it was too late. It won't be too late.  She scolded herself... he would be fine - right?

The doctors had fussed over him, taking down all of his vitals... he was stable now, but they said he could turn at any second. It was literally that. Pray, hope and wish his brain didn't stop working, didn't stop sending those messages to keep him breathing, to keep his weakening heart beating. They had said that when doing blood pressure.. they would get a reading, and one hour later - it would drop. 

Its been a few hours now.. and it hasn't stopped dropping. 

Star paced the room, even though she was a nurse, they wouldn't let her do anything - claiming she was too emotionally attached to him. Well, she loved him. How was that too much? To them it was. 

Lunch time rolled around, and though she hadn't wanted to leave, her stomach made her do so. It was already bad enough that this has been going on so long... she was starting to become mentally stressed and worried that it was causing pain - a headache - she needed toa destress. So much. But she was losing him.. No you're not. Believe he'll come through.  So... now she went to lunch. 

She sat down, with her food, not even caring what she was eating. He hadn't been eating. He was losing. No, stop those thoughts. He is not losing!

Nothing she ever said though, was getting her to believe otherwise. 

Then, everything happened at once. 

Doctors ran. Nurses ran. Every personnel ran. Claiming heart attack patient. That wasn't Ian.... was it? 

She got up slowly, just as she saw Emily run in - soon followed by a friend that had been watching her for the past few days - She looked sadly to her mother, and smiled. "Dad's okay, right?"  Star nodded... she thought so anyway....Emily took her hand, and together, they headed back for Ian's room. Only to be stopped. By the doctors, and nurses, and everyone else.

Starlina panicked, "What has happened? Is he okay?" No one turned towards her. No one did.. This only made her angrier. 

"Someone tell me something!" She yelled, and Emily squeezed her hand somfortingly. 

One nurse turned towards her.... then the bustle stopped. Star stopped too. "Why...?" They dispersed.... leaving one doctor behind. He looked sad. 

"I am sorry, Miss. Ian Mankester has passed."

Star froze. Emily's mouth hung open, tears budding. She had been too late. 

It was silence after that, and the doctor left... leaving them to their grieving - though access was barred to the room. 

Ian Mankester.... was gone.... he was really gone....