10

Blake and I sat down at the island next to Addison and Bryce, and I scrolled through what felt like a million small designs. "I don't know what to get," I sighed.
Addison chimed in. "All of your merch designs have always included a heart. Why don't you get a tiny heart on your wrist or something?"
I started to protest, but it was actually a really good idea. "Wait, I never would have thought of that."
"That's good. You know, it's small. That's perfect for a first tattoo," Jaden said, taking a sip of the water bottle that he had just taken out of the fridge. "I mean, I didn't exactly go tiny when I got mine, but you know how it is."
Bryce laughed. "I didn't go small either."
Blake interjected. "I went small, and I love it."

Josh walked into the kitchen. "What's happening in here?"
Blake took this opportunity to formally introduce me to him. "Josh, man, this is Tiffany, the girl that I told you that I've been hanging out with."
My heart skipped a beat. "It's nice to meet you, Tiffany. I think that we actually talked about you in TeaTalk a few weeks back."
That made me nervous. "What could you have possibly needed to talk about me for?" I avoided controversy at all costs, and I hadn't seen the video. I tried not to focus too much on videos that talked about me.
Blake rubbed my back reassuringly. "They were talking about Tucker."
I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God. I thought I did something controversial accidentally."
Everyone laughed. "Addison used to be exactly the same way. You get used to accidental controversy when you hang out in this house," Bryce said, wrapping an arm around Addison.

"Hey, guys!" a voice rang out, and a tall man walked into the kitchen.
"Griff!" the boys yelled.
"Nice to meet you," I introduced myself. "I'm Tiffany Wilde."
"Holy shit. You weren't kidding, Blake," Griffin said, extending his hand towards me.
"Um, what does that mean?" I asked.
"Blake told me that you two were giving it a shot, and I thought that there was no way in hell that someone as attractive as you would even give him the time of day."
I laughed. "You're kidding."
Blake's face flushed a bright shade of crimson. "He's not. He and Bryce bet money on it, but Bryce had an unfair advantage since he saw you leaving the other morning."
Griffin had pulled out his wallet and was counting money. When he heard this, he stopped. "You saw her? That's not fair, man."
"Work smarter, not harder. Pay up," Bryce responded.

As the others joked around in the kitchen, Blake grabbed my hand, leading me upstairs and into his room. "Sorry," he said, "I know that they can be a lot to handle sometimes."
I shook my head. "I like them. I think that it's really nice that you have so many close friends here. I never really made a whole lot of close friends, just social media connections."
Blake enveloped me in a hug. "You can meet some of their girlfriends, and maybe, you can get close with them. I think that they would really like you."
I shrugged. "I don't know, Blake. You guys have content that's so much different from mine. Do you really think that we could become close friends?" I asked.
"Well, you're already friends with Addison, right? You'll hit it off with the other girls, even if you guys don't become besties," Blake replied.
I shrugged again. "I don't know. Making friends out here has always made me so nervous. I never know if people are just using me."
"Why don't we go pitch a lowkey night? We can hang out, make TikToks, order food. You can meet the girls, and there will be no pressure," Blake suggested.

We headed back downstairs. "Yo! Kitchen, now!" Blake yelled. We waited in the kitchen as everyone trickled in. "Call your girlfriends," Blake said.
"Um, why?" Josh asked.
"We're all hanging out tonight. Get to it, please," Blake said, wrapping his arms around me again. He was like my own personal security blanket.

"Addison!" Bryce yelled. "There, Blake, I called my girlfriend." Everyone else was busy making their phone calls, so his joke was lost.
"Nessa was already on the way to surprise me," Josh said, hanging up the phone.
Jaden hung his phone up as well. "Mads is with her."
Noah hadn't looked up from his phone since Blake had stopped talking. "Dixie will be here in forty-five minutes."
"I texted Anthony," Quinton said. "He and Avani are going to pick Cynthia up on their way back here."

Blake handed me a water bottle and sat down next to me. "Are you okay?"
I nodded. "I'm great. I don't think that this is going to work, but I admire that you're trying so hard for me. I didn't think that I really meant that much to you."
"Woah, you hated me, and you selflessly fake dated me, and you didn't realize that you meant that much to me? Girl, you're crazy."

"Hey! We're here!" Nessa called out. "Oh my gosh. You're Tiffany Wilde."
"Wait, you know who I am?" I asked.
She nodded. "I'm a huge fan."
I was starstruck. "Nessa Barrett is a fan of mine? This is unbelievable. I've been following you for, God, like forever."
"Wait, you're a fan of mine?" she asked. We both laughed at each other. "I think that we're bound to be great friends."
Mads had greeted Jaden while Nessa and I talked. "Hey, I'm Mads. It's nice to meet you. I met Tucker right before you guys made it official, and he always spoke really highly of you."
I cringed at the mention of Tucker's name. "He mentioned you a few times. I don't remember him saying where exactly you guys met." I could see Blake shaking his head at Mads, almost as if he was telling her not to mention Tucker. "Ignore Blake. I can handle talking about him."
Mads chuckled softly. "We worked on a few collabs together, but they actually ended up hurting our careers more than anything."

Two girls and a guy walked in the front door, saving me from needing to respond.