36

Blake wrapped his arms around me from behind. "It's late, mamas. We should get to bed."
I said goodnight to Addison, and Blake and I headed upstairs together. "Today was rather eventful. How do you feel?"
"Honestly? I'm terrified. I don't think that I'm cut out to be a parent. I can barely take care of myself. How are we supposed to take care of a little human being, too?" I asked anxiously.
Blake rubbed my back as he sat next to me on the bed. "We'll figure it out. I honestly don't think that anyone really knows how to be a parent until they have to do it. If it will make you feel better, we can take parenting classes."
I turned to look at him again. "How did I get so lucky?"
"I think I'm the lucky one," Blake murmured, pulling me backward onto the bed. He kissed me tenderly, and I pulled away as an important issue popped into my head.
"Blake, what are we going to do about the press? And Sean. Oh my God, Sean is gonna be pissed," I said, sitting back up.
"Step one: talk to Sean. Step two: we should probably tell the press that we're back together. I don't think anyone will buy that two friends are having a kid together."
"I wasn't even thinking about the whole relationship status thing! Why is everything so complicated?" I whined.

Blake pulled me back down next to him. "Let's just get some sleep for right now. We can deal with all of this tomorrow. You've dealt with plenty already today."
I nestled my head in his neck. "I love you," I mumbled.
I lay awake as his breathing slowed. The fact that he fell asleep so easily made me jealous. So many different things were running through my head. It was probably easy enough for him to stay calm. Everything about this situation was easy for him to process. He wasn't the one whose body was developing a small human being. His dad was supportive. His manager wouldn't have a heart attack when he found out. The media would congratulate him, rather than condemn him.
As panic coursed through my veins, I drifted off to sleep.

"Hey," Blake said shaking me awake. "Your phone is ringing, honey. It's Sean."
"Ugh, it's like he can read my mind," I groaned. "Hello? I'm putting you on speaker, Sean. Blake is here with me."
"Good. That's good. Have you Googled your name recently, Tiffany?"
Blake handed me his phone, and I quickly typed my name in. "Doing it now, Sean. Why?"
"Just wait, Tiffany. You'll see." There was an awkward silence as we waited for the page to load. Blake gasped, and Sean began to speak again. "I take it that it's loaded. When were you planning on giving me a call, Tiff?"
The articles were all speculatory, but unfortunately for me, they were true. "Someone violated HIPPA, Sean."
"I'm aware of HIPPA. Can we talk about the fact that the first time I'm hearing about this is in the daily report that Lindsey preps for me?" Sean said, sighing.
"Sean, I was going to call you today. I swear. I just found out yesterday."
Sean sighed again. "What the hell am I supposed to do, Tiffany? This doesn't fit your image. At all. You've got a lot to lose right now."
"I know, Sean, but I swear that none of this was on purpose. I would never try to do anything like this. I'm scared enough as it is, and my parents are less than supportive."
Sean sighed again, but this time, it was sympathetic. "I understand that. I'm gonna work on this, okay? If you need anything at all, please call me. I'm here for you. Not only because it's my job."
I thanked him and hung up, turning to look at Blake.

"How did it get out so fast? I don't think that our parents would say anything, and our friends certainly wouldn't, so who did?" I asked.
Blake shrugged, wrapping his arms around me. "I don't know, baby, but everything will work out just fine. We should probably stay home for a little bit until everything's been figured out, okay?"
I hugged him tightly, getting up from the bed. "Let's go downstairs."

As if everyone had already seen, they were all waiting for us when we got downstairs.
"I probably don't have to tell you this, but don't go on social media today," Addison said, standing up, crossing the room to hug me.
Jaden stood too. "If you need anything, you know where I am."
The room cleared quickly, leaving Blake, Addison, Jaden, and me standing in the living room, staring at each other awkwardly. "I'm gonna head to the kitchen and give you guys some time to talk," Blake said, kissing the top of my head.
With that, I was left with my two best friends, and looks of pity crossed their faces.

"Hey, don't look at me like that," I said, taking a seat at the couch. "I made my bed, and now I need to lay in it."
Jaden and Addison sat on either side of me. "You know that everything is going to be just fine, right?" Jaden asked.
I shrugged. "It might be, but right now, almost everyone that was in my corner is pissed at me. Sean called me angrily. My parents won't talk to me. All that I've got left is you guys."
"That's all you need, girly," Addison said, hugging me. "You and Blake are going to be just fine, okay?"

After a painfully long group hug, I went into the kitchen to find Blake texting anxiously at the island. "Everything okay, babe?"
"Yeah," he said, turning to face me. "I'm just talking to my dad."
I walked to the fridge, pulling out the ingredients for breakfast. I jumped as my phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Tiffany. It's Mom. Can we talk for a little while?"
"We can talk, but the second that you start lecturing me, I'm done."
She sighed. "I want to be there for you. Your dad will come around. I promise. I can't live without my baby girl."