23

I laughed as we got out of the car. "What are you getting today?"
Jaden shrugged. "I was hoping that Isaac would have some good ideas. What are you getting?"
"Just a little quote. Sometimes you just need a reminder, you know?"
Jaden nodded as we entered the parlor. "Hey, Isaac. I brought Tiffany again."
"Hey, Tiff. Glad to see you back. Are you getting another one today?"
I nodded. "'Time heals all.'"
It was Isaac's turn to nod. "I like it. I take it that you're going first again?"
"Jaden has no idea what he wants, so yeah, probably," I responded chuckling.

I sat in the chair as Isaac prepped. "Jaden, why did you make an appointment with zero ideas?"
Jaden laughed. "You're the man, Isaac. I trust your judgment."
Isaac motioned for me to rest my forearm on the table next to him. He put the stencil on, looking up at me for confirmation. When I nodded, he spoke. "Alright, man. Okay, Tiff, let's get started."
The buzz of the gun was familiar, and it put my mind at ease, even though it should've done the exact opposite. I watched as the needle made its way in and out of my skin. "How are you doing?" Isaac asked, pausing to look up at me.
I nodded. "I'm doing great."
Jaden was sitting next to me, watching intently. "You don't even wince. How?"
"If I winced, it would imply that I was in pain. That's not the case."
Jaden looked shocked but didn't say anything else.

As Isaac finished up, I admired the tattoo. It felt like I was being rebellious, although my parents didn't really care. "You're up, buddy."
I watched Jaden sit stone-faced as Isaac drew up a design. "What else is on the agenda for our best friends day out?" I asked.
"Well, ma'am, we can get lunch. We can stop at that taco truck that you liked so much."
I squealed in excitement. "I love the taco truck!"
Jaden and Isaac both laughed. "I know you do," Jaden said.

Isaac showed Jaden the design and got started after Jaden's nod of approval. We sat in silence, and I decided to make a TikTok. I filmed my new tattoo and added a clip of Jaden getting his, before adding a popular sound. Almost as soon as I posted it, the comments filled with hate.
The breakup video had posted about twenty minutes earlier, so people were quickly assuming that I had moved on and that Jaden was cheating on Mads with me.
"Um, Jaden, we have a problem." I showed him the comments.
Jaden chuckled. "People will do that. We'll post a video later, confirming that we're just friends. Mads and I are in a really good place, and you and Blake just made the breakup official."
I nodded, but I was definitely going to be getting a phone call from Sean. I scrolled through TikTok while I waited for Isaac to finish up Jaden's tattoo. My 'for you' page was filled with hateful videos of me. They featured images of me with Tucker, Blake, Griffin, and Jaden. My feelings were hurt, but I tried to ignore it. "This is just the business." I could hear Sean's voice repeating itself in my head.

"Tiffany, you good?" Jaden asked, waving a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.
I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think that I should probably stay off of TikTok for awhile."
Jaden nodded as though he understood, and we both made our way to the counter to pay. Jaden and I got in the car, and I couldn't stop thinking about the hate as he drove. My phone rang, and I answered it without looking at the Caller ID.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Tiffany," Blake said.
"Oh, hey, Blake. What's up?"
Blake chuckled softly. "I've been seeing some videos, and there's a post on tiktokroom about you and Jaden. I just wanted you to know that I know that nothing is going on there, and Mads does too, so there's no reason to let it get to you. I'll talk to you later."
Blake hung up before I could even reply.

"We're here," Jaden said, parking the car.
I did a happy dance in my seat. "These tacos are the best!"
"I know. You remind me literally all the time. You've got Mads hooked, too," Jaden replied, taking the keys out of the ignition and getting out of the car.
"Hey, I didn't get Mads hooked. The tacos did that," I said jokingly.
When we got up to the window, Jaden looked at me expectantly. I always ordered for everyone when we came here, so he didn't have any clue what it was that he liked to eat.
"Hey, can we get two chicken taco plates, please?"
Jaden looked at me in shock. "It's just called a chicken taco plate?"
I laughed. "Yeah, that's what you normally get at least."
The vendor laughed at us. "You kids have a good one," he said, handing the food to us.

Jaden and I got back in the car and headed to the park near Sway. As we sat at a picnic table, I looked up at Jaden. "I'm really glad that we're friends, Jaden. I figured that when I saw Blake with Amelie, and when I hooked up with Griffin, that I wasn't going to be able to continue to be friends with you guys."
Jaden shook his head. "Did you really think that you could get rid of us that easily? Once we get attached to someone, you have to move across the country to cut us off."
"I'll give you guys that much. You're relentless," I laughed.
"How are you holding up with everything? I know that it's probably been pretty rough."
"You know, there's something about leaving a toxic relationship, getting into a fake relationship, trying to turn that into a real relationship, catching him with his ex-girlfriend, and then hooking up with one of his best friends that will really just fuck you up. I don't know how I kept it going for six months. I thought for sure that I would've had an entire breakdown," I replied, laughing.