18

We ate in silence. Jaden had tried to strike up a conversation, but he gave up when he realized that neither Blake nor I was in the mood. As we finished up, Jaden tried again. "You coming to hang out today, Tiff?" 
I shrugged. "Who all is gonna be there?"
Jaden began listing off names. "Addison, Bryce, Mads, me, Griffin, Noah, Dixie, Josh, Nessa, Kio, Quinton, Cynthia, Anthony, and probably Avani."
"So, everyone?" I asked, laughing. 
Jaden laughed. "I guess so."
"I could do that, as long as it's okay with Blake. I don't want to impose."
"Yeah, that's fine. It's not just my house," Blake replied angrily, heading to the car. 
"Okay, what the hell is everyone's problem?" Jaden asked, throwing his hands up in frustration. 
"I just told him that I think we should go back to only using each other for publicity. A real relationship just isn't in the cards for us right now."
Jaden nodded as if he understood, and we both made our way to the car. 

When we got to Sway, everyone was in the driveway. I assumed that Bryce or Josh was filming for YouTube because they were throwing firecrackers at a box of toilet paper rolls. 
"Tiffany!" Addison yelled, running up to hug me as I got out of Jaden's car. "I missed you yesterday! Dinner with Bryce and Blake was exhausting." 
I chuckled lightly. "Sorry to leave you hanging. I just really couldn't be there just then, you know?"
Addison nodded. "Let's go inside. I can't sit and watch them do dumb shit anymore."
I chuckled again as we watched Bryce and Josh throw things at the now extinguished fire. 

"Hey, girl!" Nessa greeted me. "How are you feeling?" 
"I'm assuming that you're talking about my interview. I'm good," I laughed. 
Mads chuckled. "We were really worried about you after we saw that."
I shrugged. "Shit happens, right?"
Griffin walked into the kitchen. "Hey, Tiffany. You're not bored of Blake yet?"
I cringed internally. I didn't know if I should tell them all that it had been for publicity the whole time, but I didn't want to continue thinking about it. "It started as a publicity stunt, and then we tried to have something serious, but I just have too many trust issues from past relationships."
"Oh," Griffin said. "So you and Blake aren't anything serious, which means that you're free game for a little fun?"
I know that I should say no, especially with Addison, Nessa, and Mads all sitting right there, but I couldn't bring myself to. "That depends," I replied, winking. 

Blake walked into the kitchen just then. "What depends on what?" 
"It doesn't matter," I replied, hopping down from the stool that I was sitting on. "Griffin, why don't I take you up on your offer?"
Blake looked like he had been punched in the gut as he put two and two together. I ignored him as I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, following Griffin into his bedroom. 

Griffin's lips pressed against mine urgently. They weren't soft like Blake's, but I reminded myself that Blake had wanted me to share his lips with Amelie. He deepened the kiss, running his fingers through my hair. 
"You're a really good kisser," he breathed, pulling away. 
"You're not so bad yourself," I replied, bringing his lips back to mine. I was being reckless, but at least I was sober this time. I reached under his shirt, tracing his abs with a single finger. He moved from my lips, working his way down my neck, stopping to plant kisses along my collarbone. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around him as he took me to the bed. 
I broke the kiss long enough to pull his shirt off, feeling his back muscles move under his skin as he leaned in to continue kissing me. 
He pulled my t-shirt over my head as he rolled me over on top of him. "Are you sure that this is what you want?"
Fueled by my pain and rage, I nodded. "Can you stop asking stupid questions? You're going to ruin it." 
He laughed into my lips as I kissed him again, urgently this time. I didn't hesitate as he gave me everything I had asked for, and Blake completely slipped my mind. 

I laid with my head on his chest, intertwining my fingers with his as we lay tangled in the sheets. "That was- just wow," he finally managed to stammer. 
I giggled. "It was pretty good." Griffin looked offended. "I'm kidding. It was definitely bad," I joked. 
Griffin tousled my hair playfully. "Yeah, it sure sounded like you thought that it was horrible."
I giggled again. "This was nice. I should probably get going though. I've had a really long day."
Griffin watched me as I stood up, rummaging around the room as I looked for my clothes.  I pulled my jeans on quickly, but I couldn't find my t-shirt. "Just take a hoodie. If I find your shirt, I'll get it back to you. I'm sure you'll be here again."
I chuckled. I didn't know if I was going to be in Griffin's bed again, and at this point, I wasn't too sure if I'd be allowed around the house either. "Bye, Griff. Thank you," I said, closing the door behind me on my way out.

"Whose hoodie is that?" Jaden asked as I passed him in the hallway. Mads clearly hadn't filled him in when he came inside. 
"Should I even lie to you? I'm pretty sure that you're only asking because you already know the answer."
Jaden sighed. "I do already know the answer. I guess my real question is why you're wearing Griffin's hoodie." I looked down at the floor, and I could feel my face flushing red. "Tiffany, you didn't. Tiffany, what about Blake?"
I shrugged. "What about him?"
"What does he think about all of this?"
I shrugged again. "He didn't care what I thought when he kissed Amelie, so why should I care what he thinks?"
A look of shock crossed Jaden's face. "Um, maybe because Amelie isn't one of your best friends."