5

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. "Where am I?" I mumbled. I felt an arm around me, and the events of the day before came rushing back to me. "Blake, get off of me," I said, pushing his arm away.
"Ugh," he groaned.
"Blake, I fell asleep here. If I get caught leaving here by the press, it could cause everything to be ruined."
Blake sat up. "It's gonna be fine. What time is it?"
"Eleven. Have you seen my phone?" Blake and I rushed around the room, looking for my phone. When I found it, I had about a hundred missed calls from both of my parents. "Shit," I mumbled. "I'll see you later." I leaned over his bed, kissing his cheek without even thinking about it.

"Is that Tiffany Wilde? What are you doing here?" I heard from behind me.
Shit. "Um, I fell asleep," I answered, turning around to see Bryce.
"Yeah? That's all that happened?"
I nodded. "Can you do me a favor, Bryce? Don't say anything if anyone asks if I was here last night."
Bryce nodded, watching as I left out the front door.

"Hey, Mom," I said, calling her as I left the Sway house.
"Where the hell are you?" she asked on the other end of the phone.
I sighed. "I was hanging out with some friends, and we fell asleep watching a movie. I just woke up, and I'm on my way home."
My mom sighed. "What friend?"
I wasn't expecting that question. "Um, Blake."
"Blake? That kid from elementary school? What are you doing hanging out with him?"
"Can we talk about this later?" I asked. "I'm almost home."

When I walked into the house, I was hoping that she wouldn't be downstairs. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't very lucky today.
"So what happened with Blake?" she asked. "I did a little Google search, and apparently, you guys are dating. You know that we don't want you to be staying out all night with boys, especially after Tucker."
"Oh my God, Mom!" I exclaimed. "Nothing happened. I fell asleep while we were watching a movie. He's nothing like Tucker."
She sighed. "Can you promise me that you'll be careful? I know how broken you were after everything went down with Tucker."
"Mom, I promise. Now, I'm gonna go take a shower, okay?"

I went upstairs, closing the bathroom door behind me and sinking down against it. Why does she always insist on bringing it back to Tucker? She always made sure to mention how badly he had hurt me, and it was almost as if she wanted me to relive the pain.
My phone rang suddenly, causing me to jump.
"Hello?"
"Hey," Blake said.
"Oh, hey, Blake. What's up?"
"Are you okay? You sound sad."
I sniffled. "Yeah, I'm okay. I was just thinking about Tucker."
"Oh," Blake sighed. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Against my better judgment, I said yes. "I think that it's important for you to know while we're doing this, I guess."
"Okay. Whenever you're ready and don't feel pressured to tell me more than you're ready to."

I sighed. "Tucker and I started out like any other couple. We met on tour, and we went out a few times. Everything was fine. He seemed so normal."
Memories were flooding back to me.
"He asked me to be his girlfriend after about three months. We started spending a lot of time together. At one point in time, I practically lived with him."
Blake's breathing on the other end of the phone kept me calm.
"I had never had a relationship as serious as this one. I was naive, and I thought that his demands were normal. I wasn't aware that it wasn't normal for someone to try to control every aspect of your life."
Blake let out a small gasp.
"I cut off everyone for him. It almost got to the point where he wanted me to fire Sean because he was uncomfortable with me being around him. I noticed that he started hiding things, spending suspicious amounts of time with other girls. He used to tell me to go home because a new girl needed a place to stay."
I wiped a few tears from my face.
"He was cheating on me, right in my face, and I was too stupid and naive to even realize it. It only truly became real when I went to his apartment to surprise him. There's something about walking in on your boyfriend with another girl that will really break your heart."

Blake started to respond. "Tiffany, I'm so sorry."
"Don't be. I kept the cheating quiet to save his image, but it broke me entirely. How are you supposed to move on if you can't even come to terms with what happened?"
"Tiffany, I want you to know that if you don't want to do this stunt anymore, we don't have to. I don't want you to put yourself in a position where you could get hurt."
I sighed. "I think that my problem, Blake, is that you're the first person I've let myself fall for since I left Tucker, and none of it is even real."
"Wait, you fell for me?"
"Yes, Blake. I think that I have always had feelings for you. If you aren't comfortable with this stunt, knowing that I'm actually interested, I can talk to Sean, and we'll get it all figured out."
"No, you don't have to do that. I'm interested, too. I was worried that you wouldn't be."

We laughed together, and a comfortable silence followed. "Blake, I'm gonna take a shower. I'll call you later. We should probably talk to Sean about our new development."
Blake agreed, and we hung up the phone.
I stood in the shower, letting the hot water cascade over my shoulders. I was feeling better than I had in months, but I needed to be cautious. The last time I let my happiness be dependent on someone else, I got cheated on.
I worried about how my relationship with Blake might be affected by the information that I had provided him with on Tucker, but I couldn't allow myself to get too caught up in it.