21

"That's enough." Sean's sudden forcefulness made me jump.
"What are you talking about?" Blake asked.
"This isn't working. Both of you obviously want to see other people. It's not fair to make the two of you pretend like this. This meeting is to make sure that we stage your break up as amicably as possible. Brainstorm ideas for me."
"YouTube videos always do the trick. I say that we post two different versions, one on each of our channels," Blake suggested.
I shrugged. "I don't care what we do. I just want out."
Sean nodded. "Get them filmed and edited as soon as possible. I want them posted soon. It's best for both of you."
Blake and I both nodded and left the office.

"I need to take Griffin's car back to Sway. We can film there. I'll stop by my house and grab my camera."
Blake nodded, his face entirely devoid of any emotion.
I drove to my house silently, grateful that my parents were still sleeping when I came in. I grabbed my camera from my room and quickly headed back to Sway.

"Let's get this over with," I said, throwing my bag down on the floor of his room.We both set up our tripods and for straight to filming.

"Hey, guys. It's Tiffany Wilde and Blake Gray, and we know why you're here. You clicked on this video for a reason, and we're going to give you what you're here for."
"We feel like you guys deserve to know. We don't want any rumors spread about this."
"I don't want you guys to go spread any hate on Blake."
"And I don't want you guys to spread any on Tiffany."
"Blake and I will always be there for each other," I said, wiping a tear from my face.
"In every relationship, there comes a times where both parties kind of realize that the relationship isn't the best thing for either person at the time," Blake said, wrapping an arm around me.
I sighed. "We really need to mature. We weren't ready for how serious our relationship became."
"We'll still be friends," Blake said. "We're just drifting apart, so that we can grow as individuals."
"Bliffany will always be there for each other, but right now, we just can't be together."

Blake kept giving explanations, but I was finding it difficult not to cry. Everything about my life had revolved around this fake relationship, and I was getting out of it. There was a huge relief lifted off of my shoulders, but there was a stabbing pain, too. It was like an era of my life was completely disappearing.

As we wrapped up the videos, I hugged Blake. "I'm so sorry. None of this was ever meant to happen." The tears were cascading down my face.
Blake hugged me back. "Why are you sorry? I started this. All I had to do was pull away from Amelie. I didn't, and now, I lost the best girl in the world."
We hugged silently, and I could feel Blake's tears dripping off of his face and onto the top of my head.
He pulled away. "Can I ask you something?"
I nodded. "Anything that you want."
"Do you really like Griffin, or did you just use him to get back at me?"
Tears filled my eyes again. "I do like him, Blake, but I think that I've always been in love with you."
Blake nodded. "You should probably go."
I packed up my stuff and stopped in the doorway. "I love you, Blake. Take care."

Addison and Bryce were in the kitchen. One look at my tearstained face, and Addison sent him upstairs. "What's going on?"
"Blake and I just filmed our breakup videos. We're officially done pretending to be together. Now, the only pretending that I have to do is pretending that I'm not in love with him."
Addison looked at me sadly. "Did you tell him that you're in love with him?"
"He knows," I nodded. "I think that he's always known."
Addison hugged me, and I sobbed into her shoulder. "Do you want to be with him?" I didn't answer as I continued sobbing. "He doesn't want me, Addi. I don't think that he ever did."

A voice rang out behind us. "I always did."
I turned to look at the source, sniffling. "What do you mean? Why didn't you fight for me then?"
"I hurt you after you confided in me about your past," Blake replied with a pained expression on his face. "I became the very person that you had described when you told me about Tucker, and I couldn't consciously make the decision to go back to you, knowing how much pain that I caused you."
"All I ever wanted was for you to fight for me. That day that I told you that I thought we should take it back to fake dating until I could trust you, you were immediately running back to Amelie. I saw the texts, and that's the only reason that I slept with Griffin. I'll admit that it was childish for me to try to hurt you as badly as you hurt me, but I wasn't thinking straight," I replied, wiping the tears from my face.
Addison sat by, in awe of the conversation that she was witnessing. "Can we try again? Maybe go really, really slowly. We don't have to go in public or anything."
I nodded. "We still need to post those breakup videos. I can't pretend that everything is fine."

After a brief conversation where we reached a mutual agreement, Addison offered to drive me home. "Have you talked to Griff?" she asked as we pulled out of the driveway.
I shook my head. "I told him that I was in love with Blake last night, and he didn't try to have sex with me when we got back. I think that he knows, but I'll probably call him and talk to him later."
Addison nodded. "That's good. I think he deserves to hear it from you. He really likes you, you know?"
"Does he like me, or does he like sleeping with me?" I asked, shrugging.
Addison laughed. "You've never heard the way he talks about you. I think that he knows that it's always been Blake though."