32

I woke to a knock on the door. "Tiffany! Get up! The rest of the girls are here!" Dixie yelled from the other side of the door. 
I groaned, pulling myself out from underneath Blake's grasp. "I'm spending the day with the girls. I have to get up." Blake reluctantly let me go, and I dressed quickly, not wanting to keep the girls waiting. "Bye, baby," I said, kissing his cheek gently before leaving the room, closing the door gently behind me.
When I walked down the stairs, all of the girls were waiting for me. "Finally!" Nessa yelled, jumping up to hug me. "We heard that you had a little date last night. How did that go?"
"It went like a date goes. We had dinner, and we came home. That was it."

The girls all looked at each other and burst into laughter. "That's really all that you're gonna give us?" Mads asked. 
"Okay, fine. He gave me a promise ring, too."
The girls all squealed in excitement. "I knew it! I'm so happy for you," Avani said, crossing the room to hug me. 
After a few moments of talking, Dixie stood up. "Alright! It's time to go ladies."

We all left the house, piling into an Uber. "Where to first?" Cynthia asked. 
"We're obviously going to get our nails done. I mean, look at mine," Dixie joked. 
"Thank God! I need a fill so bad," I said, flipping my hand so that they could look at them. 
The rest of the ride was silent. When we got to the nail salon, we piled out, thanking the driver as we left. 

"What color are you going to get?" Dixie asked, appearing next to me. I shrugged, holding three different shades of blue in my hands. "Why don't you ask Blake?" 
I figured that it couldn't hurt, so I dialed his number, waiting patiently for him to answer. "Hey, baby."
"Is something wrong? Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine," I began. "I can't decide on nail color. What do you think I should get?"
"Oh, that's easy," he replied. "Red. With glitter."
"Thank you, baby," I replied, hanging up the phone. 

We all sat down. Dixie was on one side of me, and Nessa sat on the other. "So, do you really believe that you and Blake are going to be together forever?" Nessa asked.
"I don't know. Right now, I don't want to worry about the future. I just want to focus on all the good that we've got going for us right now."
"Did he choose red?" Dixie asked, leaning over to join in our conversation. 
I nodded. "He even requested that it be glitter. That man's adorable."

As the tech finished up my nails, I turned to Dixie. "Alright, ma'am. What's the plan for the rest of the day?"
"I was thinking of lunch, and then maybe, a little bit of shopping. Why? Is there anything else that you had in mind?" Dixie asked, admiring her white nails. 
"Noah choose white?" Addison asked from the other side of Dixie.
Dixie's face flushed a bright shade of red. "I don't know what you're talking about."

We all paid, walking outside of the salon. "Where should we eat?" Cynthia asked, admiring her nails. 
"Let's go to Taste on Melrose," Avani suggested. The restaurant wasn't far, so we walked to it together. 
"Hi, can we get a table for seven, please?" Cynthia asked, counting us quickly. 
We sat, observing the menu. "Ooh, the blackened salmon tacos look good," Addison noted.
"The penne cecca here is to die for," Dixie said, setting down her menu.
The girls all threw out menu suggestions, and my phone rang. "Hey, guys. I have to take this."

"Hey, Sean. How are you?"
"I'm doing well. We haven't spoken in a while. Can I ask why that is?" Sean's voice dripped with anger. 
"Um, I'm not sure, Sean. Is everything okay?"
"Why did we go through the pain and suffering of a public breakup, complete with a video, for you to get back together with Mr. Gray?"
I sighed. "Blake and I are not back together, Sean."
"Mr. Gray," he began, making it very obvious that he was not pleased with him, "was seen leaving BOA steakhouse with you last night. I don't know if you've been perusing TikTok this morning, but there is a ring that was spotted on your hand in the video that was posted by Hollywood Fix. Do you care to comment?"
Shit. I thought that I hid it pretty well behind Blake. "Yeah, I guess I don't really have a choice in the matter. Blake and I have been taking things pretty slowly. Yesterday, he gave me a promise ring at dinner. That's all that happened."
"Thank God!" Sean exclaimed. "I thought that I was going to have to explain to the public why two twenty-year-olds were getting married."
"I'm slightly offended, Sean. what's wrong with twenty-year-olds getting married?" I asked. 
Sean stammered over his words. "I just meant, like, two influencers, you know?"
I laughed. "I'm kidding, Sean. Was that it? I'm out for lunch with some friends right now."
"Are you and Blake going to make it official with the press any time soon? I need to know before you do."
"Okay, Sean. Will do. Thank you. I appreciate you."
I headed back inside. 

"Who was that?" Avani asked, picking at the appetizer in the middle of the table. 
"My manager," I sighed. "Fan pages are posting the video that Fletcher took last night. They're zooming in on the ring and speculating about marriage. Sean wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything that he would deem stupid."
Addison laughed. "I agree. I  don't think that you should be getting married at this age."
I took a deep breath before I spoke. "I really don't think that it's that big of a deal. I mean, my parents got married at twenty-two."

When we had finished up our day, we headed back to the Sway house. "Hey, baby," Blake greeted me. "I missed you."
"Oh, you did, huh?" I asked, sitting on his lap. 
"I did, mamas."
Bryce groaned. "You guys are disgustingly in love, and I hate it."
With that, Blake picked me up and carried me upstairs.