How can I love you? chp 20

Chapter 20 

I woke up to someone shaking me roughly. I groaned and rolled over a little. "Georgia. Georgia wake up! Come on!" Philip's voice rang close to my head. I shifted myself so I could see him and moved the hair out of my face, squinting my eyes in an effort to adjust to the light. "Hmm? What is it?" My voice sounded full of sleep and I had to clear my throat as I sat up. Philip grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up. "Georgia, the wedding is being moved up to tomorrow." I frowned at him, not comprehending what he was saying. His grip on my shoulders tightened a little and he shook me lightly. "Georgia." I looked at his face and his eyes were intense and completely serious. My eyes widened at the realisation of what he was saying. "What?" I asked, blinking rapidly. My body tensed and his gripped loosened. "Come on, get up. I'll explain soon. We have to prepare." With that he pulled me out of the bed and stood me on the floor. I scowled, pulling away from him. I was capable of climbing out of the bed by myself. I cleared my throat again, still frowning and yanked on the bottom of my shirt. "What are you talking about Philip? Why is it being moved up to tomorrow?" I asked, a little cranky after being woken up so abruptly. He looked at me impatiently, and his eyes shifted over to the wardrobe and back to me. "You dress, I'll talk." He pushed me toward the wardrobe and I opened it, pulling out anything. I turned around quickly and raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

He began pushing me toward the bathroom and I stumbled sideways, annoyed. "Stop. I can walk myself. Will you just tell me?" His anxious expression softened and he sighed, letting his shoulders sag. "Alright, sorry." I waited, looking at him. "We fear the kingdom is in danger and my father thinks it would be best if we marry as soon as possible. Especially after what happened the other night." My eyebrows knitted together. "But what does that have anything to do with us getting married?" It was his time to raise an eyebrow at me. "You're supposed to be the 'savior' remember?" Realisation hit me and my eyes widened. How could I have forgotten? I had been so caught up in my love for Philip that I had forgotten the whole reason I was here in the first place. A wave of fear washed over me and I had to swallow hard. What would that entail? "Georgia, are you okay?" Philip asked, looking worriedly at me. "When you say danger..." I began, licking my lips. I was only now taking in the seriousness of the word. Philip hugged me tightly. "Georgia I told you before, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise. I told you I didn't believe that you could do much to save to kingdom, considering you're only human. My father just thinks it would be best as a precaution really. Alright?" I nodded and pulled away. "Did Amir say anything about me... becoming a vampire?" His eyes widened slightly. "No! No he never mentioned that. I think that if you were supposed to become a vampire he would have said so," he said, looking thoughtful. "Besides the prophecy says that a 'human' would be the saviour of the kingdom. I don't see how. Though if you want me to turn you... I think it'd be best to wait until all of this blows over." I took a step backwards, "N-no. I don't want..." I sighed. "Not yet anyways," I replied, looking at my feet and shaking my head. "It's okay Georgia. Go get dressed," he suggested. "I'll meet you downstairs." With that, he left the room and I got myself ready for the day. My last day as Georgia Luxford. Tomorrow I would be princess Georgia Alden. That felt weird. 

At breakfast with the family, we discussed the plans for tomorrow. I was to be married early in the morning. The twinies had planned to get all the decorations organised. I told them I would just prefere everything to be simple and easy but they all refused. They said and I quote, that 'the wedding of a princess should be proper and grand.' I disagreed. Though what does my opinion matter in a house full of vampire royalty? Steven and Travis agreed to get all the invites revolked and the dates to be changed. For some reason I felt a little nervous but I was excited at the same time. Today basically consisted of planning. By the time we were done, I felt shattered. I was really tired. The few of us that were left in the house were all seated around the dinning table, still deciding on things. There were papers scattered around the table and the King was writing something down. Servants were coming and going all the time and there was a clock ticking on the wall that just made me more sleepy and it was only around mid-night. It's slow, rhythmic ticking was making my eyes start to droop.