How can I love you?

Chapter 5

He opened the door for me. I went in willingly and he followed. "So about this prophecy?" I asked. Philip exhaled loudly and walked over to me, planting a kiss on my fore-head. "Well, about twenty years ago, the oldest and wisest vampire Amir, made a prediction that the king's youngest son would marry a human. She would be the saviour of the vampiric kingdom." I frowned. "Every prediction he has made so far has been correct, so my father thought best not to go against him this time, no matter how absurd his prediction was. I had only found out about it the day you arrived." I was shocked at his. "Wait. Rewind. The "saviour of the vampiric kingdom?" I asked skeptically, squinting my eyes. He smiled at me. "Apparently. You are. Who know's?" he answered. I scoffed at him. "And how do you know it's me then? Maybe you got the wrong girl." I asked honestly. "Well, we don't I suppose. We'll just have to see. We don't get that many humans around here that aren't classed as food. And I can hardly imagine myself wanting to marry my dinner. Can you?" I shivered and moved away from him to sit on the bed. "I'm sorry." he said, letting his arms fall to his sides.

"I' think I'd like a shower." I said standing up. Philip smiled menacingly. "Me too. And there's only one." he proposed. I looked at him disbelievingly. I folded my arms across my chest. He sighed and looked down annoyed. "Fine." He looked like a sulking child. I began walking across the room to the bathroom. I stopped, hearing his voice. "You can't put it off forever Georgia. You'll be mine soon and I WILL have you." His voice sounded stern and sure. I faced the door and shivered to myself. That was the first time he had spoked to me like that. I let out a ragged breath before opening the door and heading into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me.

Philips Pov

I heard the water turn on and sat on the bed. I put my hand over my mouth. I didn't feel guilty for what I had said to her. She would be mine soon and it was going to happen sooner or later, especially with me being a vampire. I was just warning her. Every movement of hers made me crazy. I was so aware of her, her every breath, every beat of her heart and every word that escaped her sweet lips. I could hear her breathing even now.

I thought about what had happened not very long ago in the garden. She had kissed me. Willingly. I didn't understand it, I thought she hated me? I wondered if Amir's prediction would come true. Could she really be the one to save the Kingdom? And if so, then how would she do it? She was just a helpless human. Who could she fight? She was harmless. I had so many questions I wanted to ask her. The water turned off and I heard the squeek of her feet on the wet floor. The door opened gently and a cloud of steam poured out along with her.

She wore nothing but a towel. It hugged her dripping wet body tightly. He hair was dripping down her back and she had such an innocent look on her face. She looked at me, her eyes rounded. I almost couldn't contain myself as a snarl escaped my mouth. The heat of the shower had made her smell so much more appealing. I was surprised at myself. She froze and looked at me shocked. She stepped back catiously as I stood up. I ran straight to the door and slammed it behind me. I had to be away from her before I did something I'd regret.

Georgia's Pov

I stared at the door wide-eyed, wondering what the hell had just happened. He had sped off in a blur after that terrible sound left his lips. It couldn't have been me. I never said anything. Maybe he had had an argument with somebody while I was showering. Surely it couldn't have been what we said before I had gone in. I stared at the floor for a moment before shrugging and went to the closet. Since I would be going to bed soon, I put on a pair of shorts and a light strap top. I got ready for bed and sat the in the middle of the huge bed cross-legged. I began to get lonely after about half an hour. I sighed and threw myself back onto the sheets. I closed my eyes but didn't sleep. I just began to think. Mull things over.