How can I love you?

Chapter 12

I peeled my eyes open, feeling colder than usual. I shivered a little and my teeth chattered off each other for a second. I was lying on my side, facing the window. I tired to roll over onto my back but something was pressed against my back restricting it. I turned my head around to face Philip's beautiful face, asleep by me. I blushed in remembrance of the night before. My face pulled into a smile and at that moment, I'd never felt better. Sure I was cold, but who cares? I turned myself around to face him and pulled the covers higher over me. I snuggled right up to him and his eyes snapped open quickly. He looked startled for a moment and then his eyes met mine and his expression melted into a happy one. He smiled and looked at me lovingly before pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arm around my waist. "Good morning my beautiful Georgia," he said, kissing my forehead. I blushed and he stiffened, with his lips pressed to my head.

I pulled my head back to look at him. "What?" I breathed, seeing his expression. It looked pained. He took his arm off me and moved away a little. He sat up completely and turned to sit on the edge of the bed on the other side. "What is it Philip?" I questioned and couldn't help feeling a little hurt. "Sorry Georgia. I forgot I was hungry and you smelled..." he trailed off, sounding strained. My eyes widened in realisation. "Oh," was all I managed to say. I sat up too and pulled the sheets around me. He turned his head to look at me. "I'd better go feed," he stated. I frowned. "Where will you feed? And who will you feed from?" I found myself asking. He stood up and went to the closet to grab some clothes. I waited for his reply and he came back out after a minute wearing an grey, almost black shirt and a pair of dark jeans. He looked more casual than usual. He stared at me from the other side of the room as I continued to wait for his reply.

He didn't answer so I sighed. "Philip!" I complained, crossing my arms across my chest. He bit his lip, aking me want to run over and kiss him. "I will feed off of one of the human servants here." My eyes widened. "What? Human servants?" I cried, desperately. He frowned. "Yes. Don't worry Georgia. They're here by will and are payed well. They stay in the hopes of one day, becoming a vampire." I relaxed a little. "Oh," I said looking down. The was a moment of silence until he broke it. "You know... I would feed off of you, considering your going to be my wife. That's what most vampires would do in my situation. I know you don't like that though," he sighed and looked down. "Philip," I began. He looked up to meet my eyes. "I wasn't expecting it the first time you did 'that'. Obviously you can't expect me to like it just by that. I didn't know you then. I do now though and I love you." He looked at me hopefully. "So..." he began but I cut him off. "No I wasn't agreeing to 'that'. I was just explaining to you that it wasn't because of that."

I climbed out of the bed and went to the closet to get dressed. He watched me go to it. After a few minutes, I came out wearing jeans and a nice white t-shirt. I felt I needed to look casual for once. He looked was still looking at me when I came out. "Georigia, now that you know and love me... it could be different. It was a scary experiance for you at first because you weren't expecting it and I'm sorry. You might find that you'd enjoy it now though. It's usually quite pleasurable," he smiled at the end of the sentence. I looked suspiciously at him. "Are you suggesting that I let you drink my blood?" His smile faded and he looked away but nodded. I snorted. "Not gonna happen." I stated once before walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" he asked. I turned to see him frowning at me. I smiled back. "I'm going to go eat." I said, walking out the door. I was walking down the hall when I heard him yell, "Okay fine! I guess I'll just go feed off of one of the other humans..." he trailed off. I stopped dead in my tracks. What if he hurt them? What if he chose to feed on another girl? I found myself feeling jealous. I turned around slowly to see him smirking at me from the doorway. I sighed. "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll change my mind." I said, walking back into the bedroom. He closed the door and pulled me into a hug.