How can I love you?

Chapter 30

Before I could take in another breath, I felt a stinging pain in my head as he dragged me up by my hair. I slammed my teeth together in annoyance and to prevent myself from crying out. He twisted me to look at him and when I met his eyes, I felt anger like I never had before. I kept my teeth barred as I glared at him. His smile never phased though and he seemed more amused. 

"Maybe I'll drain you now. After all, what better way to get at him? And when will I get the chance again?" He asked, sounding as if he were talking about buying a spot of lunch on a Sunday afternoon. He sighed and shook his head then.

"Then again, it would be better if I were to do it in front of him." He seemed to think about it for a moment and then shrugged. "It'd be easier if I were to just do it now."

All the while he was contemplating his actions, I was glaring at him, trying to make my own plans. How could I escape him? What could I do to throw him off, or call attention to myself?

I came up with nothing, even though my mind was working double time. Eventually, just as he'd decided on what to do, it came to me. It was the simplest and most obvious thing I could think of. I sent a kick straight at him, right to the most sensitive of areas. He may have been a vampire but he was still a guy. With that, his face contoured in pain and his knees gave in. Unfortunately, he didn't let go of my hair and pulled me down with him. It hurt a lot because he gripped me tighter.

"You bitch!" he grunted out whilst slamming me to the floor so I wouldn't escape. I continued to fight and then began shouting. 

"Philip! Help, somebody! Please!" I yelled, hoping somebody might hear it over the sound of the chaos going on all over the house. He pulled my hair harder and leaned down on my shoulder with his other hand. 

"Shut-up," he warned, seemingly gaining his strength back. I didn't listen, only screamed harder and louder. This time he slapped me across the face and put his hand over my mouth. I tried to bite him but when he noticed what I was doing, he pinched my nose with his thumb and index finger so I couldn't breath. Immediately, I started struggling again, even harder, trying to pull his hand off of me. I was panicking, trying to get a breath but it was useless. I tried to kick him again but I was in too awkward a position to do that. He leaned down to my ear.

"Don't scream again," he whispered menacingly. Desperate for air, I nodded my head vigorously. He leaned back, looking at me and let go. I gasped in a huge breath after having been starved of oxygen. I repeated that process a few times until I felt my breaths return back to normal. The boy pulled me up to my knees beside him and grabbed me by the neck. He forcefully bent my head to the side and I start struggling and screaming again. Throwing punches at him. 

"Let go of me you bastard!" I roared, shoving him. He dug his nails into my neck and barred his teeth in an animalistic way. I didn't care. I kept shouting, screaming and shoving. At least it was better that nothing. This time he shot up and pushed me into the wall. I stopped for a moment because the movement didn't register with me until the pain did. He had me by the neck and my feet were dangling in the air. All the playfulness was gone from his expression. I fruitlessly clawed at his hands. All this cutting off my airways stuff had to be bad for me. 

The door flew open again and my heart jumped in relief... again. We both looked at the door. You'd think that maybe my hopes would come true this time but nope, it wasn't Philip. This time it was Travis. At least it was somebody on my side. He looked really mad when he saw what was happening. I'd imagine my eyes were bulging from lack of air and I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd popped a vain in my head from the lack of air. Then Travis was gone. I was about to frown only, I dropped to the ground with a hard smack. My lungs filling up on their own accord. Travis and the boy were going at it with punches and stuff. I sat on the floor wide-eyed, trying to catch my breath... again. As I watched them fight, I frantically wondered whether or not I should stay with Travis or go get help.