How can I love you?

Chapter 8

I cracked open the door of the lounge. I wore my new blue pajamas that the twinies had bought for me. I felt cozy in them. It was in darkness because the curtains were pulled. The only light came from the blue screen of the plazma television. Everybody was already there, getting ready to watch the movie. Philip, Travis, Lewis and Elizabeth were already seated comfortably in the chairs. All heads turned to look at me. "You came!" Steven shouted excitedly at me. He was kneeling by the t.v, probably waiting to turn the DVD on. I smiled at him and closed the door behind me. "Yeah. I decided to come down after all." I said, taking a quick glance at Philip, who looked at me and away again. I took a seat in one of the vacant seats, happily keeping my distance. Rachel came in then, carrying a bowl of popcorn. She popped one into her mouth, before taking a seat by me. She offered the bowl to me and I took a small handful, smiling. "Okay. We're ready. Start it!" she said excitedly. Steven pressed play and jumped up, taking a seat beside me. He smiled warmly and of course, it was contagious.

"Hope you like horrors!" he said creepily and snuck his hand to the back of my neck, tickling it. I shivered and tucked my neck into my pajama top, giggling. "Shh! It's starting." Travis complained and he stopped. The movie started, playing scary violin music and it showed a dark house, gothic style. I shivered again and pulled up my legs on the couch. I didn't really like scary movies. I'd prefare a comedy, but I thought that might have been hoping too much. I mean... they are vampires. What did I expect? The house reminded me somewhat of this one, although it wasn't nearly as scary, even though I was well aware I was sitting in a room of vampires. I felt strangely comfortable?

During the film, whenever a scary part would show, I would bury my face in my knees, that I had raised in front of me. I'd tense up until Rachel tapped me to let me know when the scary part was over. Once during the movie, Steven tapped me and I looked up and jumped when I looked at the screen. It was a very gruesome part and I let out a little scream when I saw a bucket of blood spurting onto the camera, as someone was brutally murdered. I immediately threw my hands over my face and buried my face in my knees again. Everybody was startled by my reaction and errupted in laughter. They weren't scared of this at all. Why would they be? They've probably seen way worse. It probably looked appetizing to them. That made me feel slightly naucious and I pushed that thought aside. Steven drapped his arm lazily over the chair behind me and everybody else looked relaxed and comfortable. I was the only one who seemed uptight. I had myself mashed into a ball on the chair, leaving loads of space all around me.

I yawned and stretched, when the movie was finally over. I couldn't believe I had lasted the whole movie without falling asleep. I was practically on the verge of passing out. My body ached when I stood up and stretched, from sitting in the same position for so long without moving. "What did you think of the movie Georgia?" Lewis asked, trying to hide his smirk. "Oh shut up Lewis." I retorted, surprised at the grouchy edge my voice had taken on. "She need's sleep." Travis laughed at Philip, who chuckled lightly and looked at me seriously. His eyes were... concerned? We all went to bed together after they had cleared up. I probably would have went earlier, as soon as the movie was over but I was scared to go on my own. I felt jumpy and creeped out. Nobody spoke much as we walked, probably too tired to. "Night" Lewis said, while heading in the direction of his room, along with Travis. Their rooms were down a different hall to the rest of ours. "Night scaredy cat!" Steven joked, punching my arm lightly. I faked a laugh and it came out a little shaky before waving him off.

It was only the girls and Philip that walked with me now. "Night Georgia," "Yeah nighty night." they both said before entering their rooms, opposite each other. I sighed. As I got closer to my room, I began to get more afraid. I didn't like being alone after watching scary movies. I couldn't stand it. I wish Philip didn't have to be the way he was, or I'd ask him to stay with me. He was a nice guy during daylight hours. I just couldn't trust him alone, or in the bedroom. I panicked as I got to the door. Philip stopped me before I went in. "Are you alright Georgia?" he asked, that concerned look playing on his face again. I nodded, not trusting my nervous voice. I breathed out shakily and it was obvious that I was lying. I couldn't seem to stop frowning. "You're not scared are you? It was just a movie." he said, softly. "I know," I breathed. He frowned, taking my hand in his cold hand. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" I nodded again. "Alright," he said hesitantly. "I'll be just there if you need me." He pointed to a room, not too far away from the girls' rooms. I nodded, thinking how absurd that was. He was the last person in the house I'd go running to if I was scared.