How can I love you?

Chapter 28

On the plane, my knees were knocking together. I was fidgeting with everything and I couldn't help it. I needed to get home fast. I began drumming my fingers on the seat rest beside me, thinking of all the worst possible scenarios we could face when we finally arrived. A hand enclosed over mine and I jumped, after having been lost in thought. My eyes drifted up to find Travis staring a me.

"Georgia, you need to calm down."

I grimaced in response and then groaned. "I know, I'm sorry! I just need to know!" I said, shaking my head in exasperation. 

He let go of my hand and sighed. "I know you're worried. I am too. Just try to relax a little. We'll be there soon. He'll be fine, I know it."

Despite his words, I still couldn't calm down, though I did manage to make it seem as though I had. I breathed out and sunk lower in my seat, in an attempt to look relaxed. It seemed to have satisfied Travis.

On the inside, I was dying. 

Dane was sitting in the seat behind us and leaned forward to talk reassuringly to me, not that it did much good. At least it distracted me for a little bit.

When the plane finally landed, I was the first one out of my seat. I had to wait until Travis stood up though, because I was at the window, unfortunately. Thankfully, we had no baggage, so we didn't have to wait around inside. We were also the first ones in the queue to get off of the plane. The hostess assumed I was feeling sick and having an anxiety attack because I hated flying. I just went along with it in the hopes that she'd open the door quicker. 

The taxi felt even longer, just because I knew I was so close. 

"Uh, excuse me sir," Travis poke to the taxi driver. "Do you mind if we just get out at the side of the road just up here?" I frowned in confusion at this. The taxi driver grunted in response and muttered a "sure". I don't think he was too happy about dropping us off there because he'd miss out on about two bucks. What a cheap-skate.

As we shuffled out of the car and watched it drive away, I quickly turned to Travis, with a questioning look on my face. "Why get out here? It'll take us longer?"

He just started walking and I had to jog at a slow pace to keep up with him, not that I minded too much. 

"We can't risk them seeing us," was all he said.

"Who?" I wondered.

"Whoever's raiding the Alden's place," Dane pitched in. My heart sunk a little at his words and I silently sped up more. 

After a few minutes of walking, Travis grabbed my forearm and started dragging me towards the forest. "What are you doing?" I asked, kind of irritated. I looked at Dane to see he was walking behind us too. 

"We have to go through here so they don't see us coming. We need to sneak in around the back. We can't just walk in the front gates Georgia." 

I felt stupid then. Of course we'd have to sneak in. The good news was that being vampires, both Dane and Travis could move at a much faster pace than I could, so they ended up carrying me there and practically running. Once there, we climbed over the fence. Dane went first and then I started to climb. I felt Travis push me up from my legs and Dane pulled me over. We were all deathly silent as we moved towards the house. Travis turned around to look at Dane and he nodded his head towards me. Before I got to wonder what he meant, Dane lifted me off the ground. I gasped and he clapped his hand over my mouth and leaned in to whisper quietly, "You're making too much noise with your feet. I need to carry you." Travis turned around to shush us, with a serious look on his face. Neither of us spoke after that.